Oil leak Front Right Fender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
From 2002 when this change took place:

I'm not sure if it's all brands at this point or just Chrysler still, and it's not like no one ever got anything warrantied on a Canadian truck that came across the border (just probably on the rare side). In general though, the warranty will not be honored once it crosses the border. I believe the only way you can attempt to have the warranty be honored is by calling an FCA number if the truck is new enough and under a certain mileage (I want to say 8-10,000 miles?), then sometimes the warranty can be reestablished. Otherwise, good luck.

So very glad I didnt have problems out of my 2017 Ram. It was a Canadian Enterprise Rent-O-Truck.

OP
OP
GWhitney

GWhitney

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Correct, the local RAM dealer said the warranty would not be honored. However, the dealer I bought it from has agreed to work with me to "warranty" the repair. It's in process, I will update as it progresses. The general message is, at least for Chrysler, the warranty will not be value in the US. Also, buying used carries risk. Also, HEMI's are expensive and I don't even need the HEMI as I don't tow anything.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are on the hook for the repairs because they wont cover it under a warranty claim I would fix it myself. As long as the engine has oil pressure and does not have any out of the ordinary noises I would do a compression test on all cylinders and a leak down test to verify there is no internal engine damage. Then I'd pressure test the cooling system. Then I would drain engine oil and flush the antifreeze then replace the oil filter/cooler housing. Add fresh oil and antifreeze. I had similar happen to my 05 Nissan Xterra. Only it was with the transmission fluid and antifreeze. The internal trans cooler in the radiator cracked and the trans and coolant intermingled. I replaced the radiator and fushed the engine block and transmission. I would up driving it for another 80k miles before I traded it in on my first Ram.