Oil Leak Under Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swexlin

swexlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I cleaned it up, and tried to tighten the filter a bit more, but it wouldn't budge. I have used these guys for years, and never had an issue. I'll watch it for a week, and then decide on next steps. At least it is documented in my service record. I love this truck, and aside from this, it's great.

Never had any issues with the Mopar black filter either, until these two incidents. Very frustrating.

Evelyn Dahm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm having this same issue truck is a 2018 5.7, with just over 13000 on it. No problems with the oil changes at the original dodge dealership I bought it from took it to the Toyota lithia for an oil change lifetime oil changes so anyway about 2000 miles into the oil change its leaking a lot of oil take to original dealership they say the filters loose tighten it up put a qt. In it and Im on my way not 500 miles later same thing go back to original delership they say since Toyota lithia changed I have to go back there so go over there they of course change the oil say its the filter gasket well the very next day there's oil under the truck again. Taking it back to the dealership in the morning because its under warranty and obviously there is some type of problem going on. About done with this dodge it's been nothing but a pain in the hindquarters since I bought it.

IronMonger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the same problem with my 2017 ram. When I first noticed it at about 30k miles. ( I bought it in 2018 with 21k ) was still under warranty so took it in. Dealer told me it was oil pan seal. Said they fixed it. Drove home next day still leaking same spot. Took it back. Was told rear seal after 2 days said it was fixed took ot home a week later. Leaking same spot. Been back and forth to shop 7 or 8 times. Get some crap story told its fixed but its not. Now I am at 75k warranty is out and problem has never been fixed. This is the most annoying of the problems I've had with this truck. Love the truck. Tired of the issues. I've heard since that that dealer is terrible about fixing issues. I will never buy another vehicle from them again