Oil pressure gage issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedWolf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
My 04 Ram has been having some problems lately: I have start it, shut it off, and restart it for the oil pressure gage to register. More recently, the oil pressure gage will drop to nothing while idling but will rise up when the engine is above idle.

Has anyone else had either of these problems?

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
It might be your oil pressure sending unit.It's right above your oil filter.Pretty easy to do.I think I picked one up for around 20 bucks or so.I had mine go a few years back.

smtty401

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel 12 valve
Check out TSB 08-22-99, see if that describes your issue.
I have the same issue, I think. The TSB calls for the PCM to be reprogrammed, but I can't find a dealer equipped to perform it so far.
Even though the oil pressure reads zero and the light and bells come on, I still have pressure.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Add a tee fitting where the sensor screws in and run a mechanical gauge into your cab. This will take the guesswork,wondering if you have oil pressure out of your head. It’s a bit of work but you will know for certain what pressure your at.