Oil Sending Unit Leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

397Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
397 Stroker
I’m new to this forum and needing help diagnosing an persistent problem with my oil pressure sensor leaking/ruptured. My truck is a 2015 Ram 1500 5.7 with a 397 stroker kit. Engine has around 3k miles since built and runs flawlessly with the exception of the oil pressure sensor rupturing at wot it actually blows the harness off the sensor and squirts oil through the sensor. This has happened at least 5 times. Engine has stock oil pump and runs normal oil pressure 35 idle and 50-60 wot at around 185 temp. The original block was slugged up but was cleaned at machine shop prior to the stroker kit installation. I’ve tried multiple brands of sensor and oil filters. I’m beginning to believe it has stopped up oil passages somewhere or the PRV is not opening but I’ve also tried another pump as well. Please help. Thanks!

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s bizarre. Dumb question but are you using oem sensors?? I’ve bought aftermarket before and had issues. I just replaced my sensor the other day and spent $40 for the mopar oem unit. I assume that if the machine shop cleaned/boiled the block there should be no blocked passages. Ugh