Oil Weight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
How much is a "ton"????????????

Do you seriously think Mobi1 would miss out on selling oil for a few dollars??????????

Please, everything isn't a conspiracy theory.

You don't seem to want to believe anyone other than yourself. You just earned yourself an ignore.

Jane S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I stopped using Penzoil in the 80's for that reason. I dropped an oil pan and there was a half inch of waxy gunk in the bottom.

That was conventional oil not PUP and probably your fault:

• Defective crankcase ventilation system.
  • Oil/coolant contamination.
  • Neglecting oil changes.
  • Low oil level.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
How much is a "ton"????????????

Do you seriously think Mobi1 would miss out on selling oil for a few dollars??????????

Please, everything isn't a conspiracy theory.

Yeah I'm done arguing with you as well. From what I've seen with your posts on the forum it just isn't worth the time to argue anymore.

Jane S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pennzoil is the only oil that meets MS 12633 because Pennzoil was the only oil that PAID FCA for the certification or it was part of their volume contract. Certification is not cheap. There are other oils on the market that meet or exceed MS 12633 which are not certified. Red Line Performance 0w40 far exceeds the standard. They just didn't pay FCA for a little stamp of approval.

Those certifications are a racket. Which is why vehicle manufacturers only "recommend" things. It's part of their contract to recommend things. If it was required they'd be forced to supply it.

"Certification is not cheap."

How much is it?

Do you really think Mobl and others would lose out on selling oil for a few dollars?
------------------------

Here is an example on how you are wrong:

Ravenol paid for several MS certifications and has 0w40 oil. Do you seriously think they wouldn't pay for 0w40 cert if it met the standard????????????/
-------------------------------

Redline 0w40 "Where big-time protection meets low temperature flow for many European applications."
Generally, European applications do not meet MS 12633

Jane S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I'm done arguing with you as well. From what I've seen with your posts on the forum it just isn't worth the time to argue anymore.

Before you go: How much is a TON???

Jane S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Before I go: here is a quote from an actual oil manufacturer on why their products (though recomended for ms 6395 etc) aren't certified:

Look it up - that company is a small bulk seller of oils - IT DOES PAY FOR CERTs:

Meets or Exceeds:

VW 508 00/509 00, VW TL 52577, Porsche C20, ACEA C5, API SN Plus – 0W-20
VW 504 00/507 00, Porsche C30, ACEA C3 – 0W-30
VW 504 00/507 00, Porsche C30, ACEA C3, API SN, BMW LL-04, Daimler MB 229.51 – 5W-30
VW 502 00/505 00, Porsche A40, ACEA A3/B4, API SN/CF, Daimler MB 229.5/226.5, Renault RN0700/0710, PSA (2018) B71 2296 – 5W-40
Chrysler MS6395 (0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30)

High Performance Lubricants’ Euro passenger car engine - NO 0w40 I see AND Generally Euro does not meet MS 12633

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Look it up - that company is a small bulk seller of oils - IT DOES PAY FOR CERTs:
No it isn't. They design and manufacture their own oils, they are not "bulk seller" nor are they small. They are primarily industrial lubricants.

And yes I happen to be running their oil in my truck.

Meets or Exceeds:

VW 508 00/509 00, VW TL 52577, Porsche C20, ACEA C5, API SN Plus – 0W-20
VW 504 00/507 00, Porsche C30, ACEA C3 – 0W-30
VW 504 00/507 00, Porsche C30, ACEA C3, API SN, BMW LL-04, Daimler MB 229.51 – 5W-30
VW 502 00/505 00, Porsche A40, ACEA A3/B4, API SN/CF, Daimler MB 229.5/226.5, Renault RN0700/0710, PSA (2018) B71 2296 – 5W-40
Chrysler MS6395 (0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30)

High Performance Lubricants’ Euro passenger car engine - NO 0w40 I see AND Generally Euro does not meet MS 12633

"Meets or exceeds" is not a certification. It's like a company "self certifies", the company tests it to know it meets the criteria, but it's not an official certification.

This is what we've been trying to tell you but you won't listen. You have no humility whatsoever. Just equal parts ignorance and arrogance. That's why nobody wants to talk with you anymore.

Jane S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No it isn't. They design and manufacture their own oils, they are not "bulk seller" nor are they small. They are primarily industrial lubricants.

And yes I happen to be running their oil in my truck.

"Meets or exceeds" is not a certification. It's like a company "self certifies", the company tests it to know it meets the criteria, but it's not an official certification.

This is what we've been trying to tell you but you won't listen. You have no humility whatsoever. Just equal parts ignorance and arrogance. That's why nobody wants to talk with you anymore.

"Meets or exceeds" is not a certification. It's like a company "self certifies",

WRONG - No such thing as 'self certifies'

They would not be able to LEAGALLY mention "Chrysler MS6395 (0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30)" or state "Meets or exceeds."

THINK if that were the case Mobl1 would say it about their 0w40 Meets or exceeds MS 12633

THINK!!!!!!!

----------------------

How much is it?

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
"Meets or exceeds" is not a certification. It's like a company "self certifies",

WRONG - No such thing as 'self certifies

That's why I said "it's like they self certify". They are telling you "we think this works for all applications requiring this certification, but it's not actually approved/certified for use by the authority that certifies".

A relevant quote from a guy with more patience on the bitog thread I referenced:

The term "Meets or exceeds" (a given specification) is a definitive statement. If the product fails any of the referenced specification tests or was not tested, then the statement is not valid and the marketer is misleading the consumer.This term, however, is not the same as "Approved" or "Certified" under or against a given specification or by an OEM. Approved or certified means the product or its data was reviewed or tested by a certifying authority (e.g. API, ILSAC, ACEA) or a manufacturer (e.g. Ford, GM) and formally approved. Such products are usually listed on an approved list or carry a certification mark (e.g. API Donut, API Starburst, GM dexos1)."Recommended for", "Suitable for", "Meets the performance requirements of", and "Of the quality of" are usually manufacturer's opinions based on their knowledge of the formulation and specification as opposed to a full analysis against the specification. These terms are not definitive, and one would be wise to assume that not all of the specifications tests were actually run and passed. If all of the tests were run and passed, a clearer, more definitive statement could have and should have been made. This doesn't mean the product is bad, only that it may vary from the formal specification in some way, good or bad. For example, if a little more ZDDP is added to boost anti-wear properties, the oil will fail the SN specification but may have better performance in some respects. However, if the manufacturer does not explain the specification variance, I would be suspicious of their suitability claim.TomNJ/VA

I'm done here, any other response from you other than "sorry, I Jane S was mistaken" is just going to be ignored.

Jane S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's why I said "it's like they self certify". They are telling you "we think this works for all applications requiring this certification, but it's not actually approved/certified for use by the authority that certifies".

A relevant quote from a guy with more patience on the bitog thread I referenced:

I'm done here, any other response from you other than "sorry, I Jane S was mistaken" is just going to be ignored.

WRONG - No such thing as :' It's like they self certify'

They would not be able to LEAGALLY mentin "Chrysler MS6395 (0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30)" or state "Meets or exceeds."

THINK if that were the case Mobl1 would say it about their 0w40 Meets or exceeds MS 12633

THINK!!!!!!!

-------------

You can't prove me wrong - so you run away! Sad.

---------------------

How much is it?
---------------------

Thank God for Cut and Paste - it was made for people like you.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
WRONG - No such thing as :' It's like they self certify'

They would not be able to LEAGALLY mentin "Chrysler MS6395 (0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30)" or state "Meets or exceeds."

THINK!!!!!!!

-------------

You can't prove me wrong - so you run away! Sad.

---------------------

How much is it?
---------------------

Thank God for Cut and Paste - it was made for people like you.

Welcome to my blocked users list, sunshine. We will not speak again.

Jane S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to my blocked users list, sunshine. We will not speak again.

Can't make an intelligent defense of your position so you run away.

Sad.

---------------------

How much is it?
---------------------

OP
OP
Tulecreeper

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That was conventional oil not PUP and probably your fault:

• Defective crankcase ventilation system.
  • Oil/coolant contamination.
  • Neglecting oil changes.
  • Low oil level.
See, there you go again - reading something into my post that I did not say. I stated, "I stopped using Pennzoil in the 80's for that reason. I dropped an oil pan and there was a half inch of waxy gunk in the bottom." Not one thing about it being my oil pan. You are only here to be contentious and argue with everybody about everything and anything. I'm not rolling around in the mud with you.

Jane S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
See, there you go again - reading something into my post that I did not say. I stated, "I stopped using Pennzoil in the 80's for that reason. I dropped an oil pan and there was a half inch of waxy gunk in the bottom." Not one thing about it being my oil pan. You are only here to be contentious and argue with everybody about everything and anything. I'm not rolling around in the mud with you.

"Not one thing about it being my oil pan."

mmmmm ... I never mentioned 'oil pan'.

So, who is "reading something into my post that I did not say"????????????????

Are you going off the rails?

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Hover your mouse over the member's name, click "ignore" in the popup. Not worth your time arguing.