OK... new to forum, could not find exact info needed. 05 Inifinty upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justicedealt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Hello guys. Great looking forum. Just bought our third Dodge (over the years) for my son. 2005 Quad Cab 5.7 4wd. LOVE the truck. We bought an aftermarket head unit to put into the truck with plans to keep the factory amp and speakers, and add a self powered sub later by using the preouts on the radio to send it signal.

I have been trying to get the factory amp to fire up for two days now. I cannot find any wiring combination that will get it to work. I have seen where a guy runs a seperate wire out to the BUS located in the fuse panel from the amp turn on wire, and ground from the bus to the battery. He is working on a mini van though. Havind said that, I do not see how or why Dodge would engineer a different setup for each vehicle. His video is on youtube. Everything else with the stereo is working fine. It powers up, we can even blue tooth in, but there is no sound what so ever.

First Vid

Second Vid (in spanish, but very simple to understand what the guy is doing)

Is this the only way you guys know of to do this? Is there a way to rob power from another 12v accessory to turn the amp on?

I am not using the adapter for the amp, partially because I did not know to purchase it, and because I feel like $100 for some 18 guage wire and a circuit is brutally high.

Anyone know a way around this issue?

My component list...

Dual XDVD head unit with motorized touchscreen... (link)
http://www.dualav.com/mobilevideo/dv516bt.php

Scoshe CR012 wiring harness
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Scosche-74-07-CHRYSLER-Car-Stereo-Connector-Amp-Kit/880487

I know someone has figured out a way to do this... help me out please. Also, thanks for the add. Sorry so long, tried to be detailed.

OP
OP
J

justicedealt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI

Actually the first vid I linked but for some reason it posted the Spanish vid, AND would not let me edit this in... thanks.

OP
OP
J

justicedealt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Well looking deeper I have found the is no bus or block for the radio and amp. There is only a 20 amp fuse.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the amp turn on is a 12v signal, just connect it to the blue/white wire coming out of your new radio.

If your amp needs a canbus signal to turn on, then you are out of luck. The only way to turn these on is with that expensive harness, and even then they sometimes don’t work. I know the 06-08 trucks need this harness but I’m not completely sure about an 05. Basically it is a data signal that tells the amp to turn on, that’s why that harness is so expensive. It basically talks to the factory equipment over the data network.

Best thing to do is to just bypass that factory junk and pick up some new speakers. I had the infinity system in my truck too and it was garbage. By far one of the worst sounding factory amplified systems I’ve ever heard in my life.