Old age and detailing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
42 yr old detailer. Ill clay bar/towel once every few years so that time restraint isn't an issue. I typically wash and apply my favorite spray ceramic after each wash every other week, typically takes less than 2 hours. I enjoy it still so it doesn't feel like work luckily.
With all of the excellent wet applied Sio2 coatings, some spray, it is very easy to keep the truck nice and shiny once it is paint corrected. I use Aerolon's Tech Shine (requires a wet sponge wipe & no buffing) and McKees's 37 Hydro Blue Pro spray. Meguiar's spray as well as the Turtle Wax (requires microfiber buffing) are also good. I'm 67 with 2 bad shoulders. Otherwise, in good shape. Cleaning vehicles is a bit of therapy for me.

farout75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
Just wondering about all the older fellas like myself. I'm almost 52 and I love to keep my Ram looking sharp. I have found as time goes on I am not inclined to do the full wash, claybar, re-wash, dry, polish and then wax in one day. I tend to do the wash, clay bar and re-wash one day. Then put her in the garage and do the polish, buff, wax and buff the next. Anyone with me on this????
I am almost 79,and I hardly consider 52 as an older fella. Age is just a number. Old is how people think.