Old Dealer sold out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raymond1050

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel 3.0
Got a DEF message to day. See dealer. Saw dealer, New name, new faces. So 2 weeks for an appointment? Asked if truck would go into limp mode. Half an hour later service writer said I don't think so. OK. 5 miles down the road new message, will shut down in 200 miles. Sad part is 70 miles to the next dealer. Just venting.

blahargoue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I'd suggest getting a code reader and find out for yourself exactly what the failure codes say. Mine did that. The error code indicated a diluted DEF solution. My warning came on 10 miles after I filled my tank with Walmart DEF that turned out to be old stock. I drained my DEF tank, refilled with fresh and the system cleared itself.

I'm not saying that's your issue but it might help to pinpoint the problem. As for a 2 week wait for service, that is just sad. I know what you are saying about the drive to the next dealer. Mine is 90 miles away!

OP
OP
Raymond1050

Raymond1050

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel 3.0
Nothing showed up on dealers comp. But thinking about what was told to me I made an appt. with dealer with all good reviews.

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like a few dealers out here.
1 complete new owners and staff
1 all new staff including managers.
Both still horrible.
3rd not great but better then the others but 2 or 3 week wait to get in.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

sirdumpsalot

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
I'd suggest getting a code reader and find out for yourself exactly what the failure codes say. Mine did that. The error code indicated a diluted DEF solution. My warning came on 10 miles after I filled my tank with Walmart DEF that turned out to be old stock. I drained my DEF tank, refilled with fresh and the system cleared itself.

I'm not saying that's your issue but it might help to pinpoint the problem. As for a 2 week wait for service, that is just sad. I know what you are saying about the drive to the next dealer. Mine is 90 miles away!
How did you drain your DEF tank? Use a hand pump or is there an easier way?