Olive Green Color for 2500/3500 Longhorn Mega Cabs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEIS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking
Engine
Looking
Hey guys, I'm buying my first Ram soon and was trying to spec out a Longhorn Mega Cab in the Olive Green color. I had seen some advertisements in the past year that had the color, and liked it. However, I went on the site to build one and it's not an option. The website allows you to create regular cab and “lower” trim 2500's in Olive Green, but not Longhorn Mega Cabs. Is this a website bug? Or what? Thanks!

BTW: Anybody know when the split tail-gate is coming out for 2020 models?

Thanks guys!

-Ryan

Last edited:

litzdog911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I don't know why Olive Green isn't showing up for the mega cabs.
But I'm pretty sure we won't see the split tailgate on the 2020 models.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
That's on the 1500 only. It's in the special edition called built to serve. It's a badsss s.e.

Blue Mule

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I don't know why Olive Green isn't showing up for the mega cabs.
But I'm pretty sure we won't see the split tailgate on the 2020 models.
2021 HD models

Blue Mule

OP
OP
B

BEIS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking
Engine
Looking
That's on the 1500 only. It's in the special edition called built to serve. It's a badsss s.e.

Blue Mule

That’s incorrect. You can build a 2500/3500 Olive Green regular cab truck on the website right now, just not Mega Cabs for some reason.

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
That’s incorrect. You can build a 2500/3500 Olive Green regular cab truck on the website right now, just not Mega Cabs for some reason.
I stand corrected. My apologies.
I thought they were reserved for the s.e. truck

Blue Mule

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just selected Olive green on a 2020 Big horn Mega cab? I didn't start adding any additional packages etc so it may be only available on certain packages?

Untitled.jpg

zrojas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hey guys, I'm buying my first Ram soon and was trying to spec out a Mega Cab in the Olive Green color. I had seen some advertisements in the past year that had the color, and liked it. However, I went on the site to build one and it's not an option. The website allows you to create regular cab 2500's in Olive Green, but not Mega Cabs. Is this a website bug? Or what? Thanks!

BTW: Anybody know when the split tail-gate is coming out for 2020 models?

Thanks guys!

-Ryan
I would try it again. I just built a highly optioned 3500 Megacab in olive green with no issues on the website.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BEIS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking
Engine
Looking
I would try it again. I just built a highly optioned 3500 Megacab in olive green with no issues on the website.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I should have been more specific, it looks like you can’t select Olive Green as an option for a Longhorn Edition.

*I corrected the title so hopefully someone at Ram sees this

trldude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I was waiting for olive green to be released to order my Longhorn. When it was finally released it did not include the LH. Dealer said it could be added later but not likely.

I really wanted the olive even though I think the LH has the nicest interior I have ever seen I decided to go to the local dealer to check out the interior of a Laramie on a black 2500 w/Night Package. It wasn’t the LH but still very nice & I loved the Night Package which also cannot get on the LH

Yo further interrupt my plan the dealer had a 1500 in Granite Metallic in the Night Package that looked sweet as hell. That’s when I realized you have to see these colors in the flesh. Photos & the web just does not due them justice.

No one in the area had yet to take delivery of an Olive Green Ram so I ended up ordering the Granite 2500 Laramie w/Night Package. So in the end it was worth the wait as it led to a major decision change. I am sure I will be blown away by the olive green when I finally see one but am happy with my decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BEIS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking
Engine
Looking
FYI, I called Ram's customer service to see if there was an issue with the website not being able to select Olive Green as a color for the Longhorn Edition (since it's a new color to the line-up for 2020). They said: "If it's not selectable on the build page, then you can't order the vehicle with that particular color."

Granted, I'm new with Dodge, it just seems strange that they wouldn't offer that as a selectable color...unless they want to keep the Longhorn Edition traditional color scheme/image.

I'm holding out to see if this color becomes an option....and with this recall mess, it seems like nobody is ordering a truck anytime soon.