Omg Is this the fall cp4 announcement we've been waiting for

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
That's what I am hoping. I will know when I start it in the morning.
I am leaning to that also, as the ride home on the highway was smooth at 75mph.

OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
That's what I am hoping. I will know when I start it in the morning.
I am leaning to that also, as the ride home on the highway was smooth at 75mph.
I had that happen once after a fuel filter change when I had my 2016 6.7 , and once on my now 2020 6.7..

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Pretty common for a diesel to sputter until the fuel system is completely burped of air. I've seen this with any diesel we ever worked on - mechanical or electronic.

MYRAM19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well i have avoided the grenading of my CP4 lemon and afrew a few months checkin on recall page and they have it listed as incomplete and parts available. i called my dealer and they said we can knock out the Y78 high pressure fuel pump and Z20 ABS. she said let me order the parts and give you a call when they are in and we can schedule you a date. pretty happy after dodging the bullet. well three weeks later she calls and says parts are in and can i bing in today 12july22. sure. dropped off and excited to get this crap fixed for a 4400 mile trip west pulling a trail. well about 230 pm service managed calls and say we are working on your ABS but bad news is the when they plug in the high pressure fuel pump they get a notice to not preform the fix...........blood pressure hit roof and was like wtf all parts orders and simple fix. he said the data says do not repair. .......he said the repair was for the 2020 one not 2019 but i said i to the rememdy and go ahead fro fica parts are ready. he said he cannot do it pref fca.......no reason was given.....i asked about upcoming trip and he said if it goes out id be responsible and have to submit claims....i asked well since no parts are available how will it get repaired??? he couldn't answer it ....it suggested FCA assistance....so i called handspike with Leyandra and she was very nice and even double checked for me. and the 2019 rams 6.7 are **** out of luck for repairs. sooooooooooo unman time i hope this 2500 bighorn 4x4 stalls and totals and burns to ground.......round and round with fica on electrical.......leaky windows....blah blah blah.....i sure do miss my 04 ram 2500 4x4 not a single live of problems the whole time i owned from 2004-2019. i hate my ram she tbox. wast makes the 2020 fix available and not the2019......... blah. hope she catches fire....what a POS. i have.
My RAM dealer told me that the fix for the '19 is available and ready to install, BUT they are only able to install it on '19's that have at least 3-4 other recalls associated with the truck. As mine has had the other recalls done BEFORE the fuel pump fix was out, I am SOL. It is like they are penalizing me for having the other recalls done before hand. Not happy about but what can I do.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
My RAM dealer told me that the fix for the '19 is available and ready to install, BUT they are only able to install it on '19's that have at least 3-4 other recalls associated with the truck. As mine has had the other recalls done BEFORE the fuel pump fix was out, I am SOL. It is like they are penalizing me for having the other recalls done before hand. Not happy about but what can I do.
I would check with another dealer.
I had other recalls done on mine and it wasn't even brought up when I took mine in.
When I picked mine up I asked about scheduling wife's Jeep GC. They said they had no guidance at all from Jeep as to when they could start doing Jeep fuel pumps.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
From what I have read if you had all of the recalls done the new code they need to install will not pay nice with what's currently in your trucks computer, I can only guess they need time to find a work around or have new code written and hope they hire quality coders and not the cheap ones from low grade code schools who write code for Microsoft

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
From what I have read if you had all of the recalls done the new code they need to install will not pay nice with what's currently in your trucks computer, I can only guess they need time to find a work around or have new code written and hope they hire quality coders and not the cheap ones from low grade code schools who write code for Microsoft
You got a chuckle out of me. That's alot said just to take a jab at Microsoft. Lol. Carry on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio