Omg Is this the fall cp4 announcement we've been waiting for

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
I took care of the few problems that those motors had. Forums like this highlighted the future problems. A little extra chemistry adding the additives, but it runs great. 170K plus miles and runs like a ***** ape. No high pressure fuel injectors, no cats and no DFE. Injector replacement was supposed to be at 100K miles, still on the original and have new, made in Germany, OEM injectors waiting to go in. The fuel additives have made a big difference in the way the motor runs and on the longevity of the parts.
I'm with you on adding lubricity. Luckily I learned early on about the main reason why the cp4 is failing and ever since i had 500 miles on the truck I've been very on schedule with adding my hot shot edt with lx4 and then I also do the stand alone lx4, so it's Getting plenty of lube. At 16k now knock on wood

mdc1990zr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We had a 94 3500 Dually bought new and man it ate injector pumps like crazy. Sometimes you could get a year or two and then other times it might go out in a week. Gutless trucks as well. Even with a stick. Ice cold a/c's and comfortable interior. Just crap design. After the I believe it was 88k mark and them replacing 2-3 that year they said they were done doing it for free. I was sold shortly afterwards. I always loved when you would be going 60-70 mph and it die. Clutch in crank, crank, crank and hope it would restart. They were really a danger to anyone driving them.
That was another problem in itself. There is a lift pump that was marginal at best. On some early years it was governed by the oil pressure sensor. When the OPS went bad it would limit the pump. If the pump went bad, the injection pump would struggle to pump the fuel from the tank by itself. When this happened, another injector pump failure. I check the lift pump at each fuel fill-up by leaving the motor running and opening this drain valve by the oil filler neck. If there is sufficient lift pump pull, the fuel will flow steady out and onto the ground. Another weak point of the 6.5TD.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Omg, its here finally. The process is working, slowly, but working. I received a new recall as of this morning, waaaaaaaaa hoooooooo. Recall # 21v880. I love my ram and this has been the weakest link in my mind and the #1 issues to of caused me stress over. I know its going to take a long time to get to as my lug nuts recal stick hasn't been gotten to yet, but is comforting to know our $90k tow vehicle will be taken care of eventually.

GOOD JOB RAM

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
It doesn't spell out the fix. I'd like to ass-ume it's a CP3, but...

Oh, and I hope whoever signed off on using the CP4 in the first place is scrubbing toilets with their toothbrush somewhere.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.

Oh, and I hope whoever signed off on using the CP4 in the first place is scrubbing toilets with their toothbrush somewhere.
Yeah seriously. Did they really think with all the issues Ford has with the CP4 the Cummins would be fine?! ‍♂️

OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD

Here here all around. It does say replace the hpfp, so it sounds like the pump as a whole and not just a particular piece of the pump, hopefully

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins

That would be nice but more likely promoted to VP level.

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
Sad, but probably true.

Meet the new new VP of the the Immediate Customer Response Action & Assistance System Team (ICRAAST). Drunkenly mispronounced: "I crashed"

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
Yep. Perhaps every vehicle sold should have the following disclaimer posted on the Mulroney sticker just below the price:

"Expect a number of "automotive safety recalls" with this vehicle. This is a US government approved process whereby the manufacturer will notify the government and (surviving) owner(s) of any repair(s) required to correct a hazardous defect, as found by uncompensated beta testers like yourself. While corrective repairs will be made at some point and at no cost to you, the testing process itself may result in your injury or death, as well as minor to major inconvenience to all involved."

It's similar to the NY state warning on every ski ticket" "You could be injured or killed participating in this activity."

All true but nobody pays attention.

;-)

cutterman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
It’s nice that they issue a recall to replace my fuel pump, but status is incomplete due to no parts availabl.

OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
It’s nice that they issue a recall to replace my fuel pump, but status is incomplete due to no parts availabl.
Dont hold your breath that's for sure, it'll come eventually, hopefully before it glitter bombs, hell I'm still waiting on the parts for the wheel stud recall, which is only making sure there not to tight but i guess thats an excuse to put it off because a stud " may" get broken. now I'm getting wound up about delayed recalls

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If the wheel studs are torqued to high
That means there is so much pressure on the stud that it may have stretched the steel, which is not a good thing

OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
If the wheel studs are torqued to high
That means there is so much pressure on the stud that it may have stretched the steel, which is not a good thing
Especially when you haul a 27k fiver

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Dont hold your breath that's for sure, it'll come eventually, hopefully before it glitter bombs, hell I'm still waiting on the parts for the wheel stud recall, which is only making sure there not to tight but i guess thats an excuse to put it off because a stud " may" get broken. now I'm getting wound up about delayed recalls
I just got my OK notice to bring in for the wheel studs last week. Came two days after I had the truck in the shop for leaking differential seal, key fob problems, and fuel filters and oil change.
Now I have to make another appt and lose the truck for another day.

OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
I just got my OK notice to bring in for the wheel studs last week. Came two days after I had the truck in the shop for leaking differential seal, key fob problems, and fuel filters and oil change.
Now I have to make another appt and lose the truck for another day.
I take mine in for #2 out of 3 free oil changes,, I'll ask about the studs then, ty. We finally got our hpfp recall in the mail 2 days ago

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I take mine in for #2 out of 3 free oil changes,, I'll ask about the studs then, ty. We finally got our hpfp recall in the mail 2 days ago
Still wondering about my fuel pump.
Says 2020 model with build date up to 11/20. My truck sticker says 11/20.