Omg Is this the fall cp4 announcement we've been waiting for

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Still wondering about my fuel pump.
Says 2020 model with build date up to 11/20. My truck sticker says 11/20.
Do you have your info on the " ram owners site"? Its a site for owners where you can monitor your maintenance and recalls, you have too set it up. If the recall hasn't shown up on your ram pg then I would say you have the new style pump all ready. My recall update showed up on ram pg about a month ago.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Still wondering about my fuel pump.
Says 2020 model with build date up to 11/20. My truck sticker says 11/20.

If you have a CP4 it will be recalled. Do you know which pump you have? If not post a picture of it.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
If you have a CP4 it will be recalled. Do you know which pump you have? If not post a picture of it.

I just typed my VIN into NHTSA websitre and it did come up as recalled. Haven't received anything in the mail from RAM yet.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Do you have your info on the " ram owners site"? Its a site for owners where you can monitor your maintenance and recalls, you have too set it up. If the recall hasn't shown up on your ram pg then I would say you have the new style pump all ready. My recall update showed up on ram pg about a month ago.

I think I will have to register on that.
Thanks for the info.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I learned of the Bosch CP4 pump issue after I bought my new 3500 Duelly Cummins High Output and immediately took proactive measures to keep the fuel fresh & increase lubricity. A Ram/ Cummins Tech friend recommended Lucas Cetane Power Booster and Diesel StaBil. I use the Power Booster at 1:128 (an ounce per gallon) and one ounce of StaBil per 10 gallons. I also, religiously, never let the fuel tank get below 3/4 full. The Service Manager at Larry H Miller Ram confirmed what I am doing is preventive medicine. The Lucas product adds much needed additional lubricity to the fuel and always keeping the tank full, with the added StaBil is preventing oxidation and condensation (water).

Bearcatrp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Goose55, that’s just more cost from your wallet for going diesel. No thanks. My 6.4 8 speed 1 ton does just fine pulling my 10,000 lb 5th wheel just fine.

cutterman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I just got my OK notice to bring in for the wheel studs last week. Came two days after I had the truck in the shop for leaking differential seal, key fob problems, and fuel filters and oil change.
Now I have to make another appt and lose the truck for another day.
I have an appointment next week because my rear di

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Differential seal is leaking with only 13k miles on truck.
That is about when mine started, or maybe even a little sooner.
I had just started moving and was making multiple trips a week back and forth from NJ to NC.
A real PITA. I think I went through about 5 qts of gear oil.
I couldn't take the truck in for the service because then I wouldn't make the deadline to be moved out of my house for closing.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
It is more likely that has been many more than 24

But not all dealers would have reported anything about a fluke loss of power.

Unless Stellantis asks for all dealers to look at their records for similar power failures, they won't know the true number of people that complained.

Stellantis can't very well post messages on Facebook, etc. & ask people to email their complaint in.

That is why i have mentioned several times to members that have a safety issue, fill out the form at Safety.org, i think that is the name of the NHTSA complaint dept.
Has to be more than 24 lol. My buddy has Cummins work trucks. He’s been stranded twice for cp4 failures. A 2500 and 3500.

OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Has to be more than 24 lol. My buddy has Cummins work trucks. He’s been stranded twice for cp4 failures. A 2500 and 3500.
Damn the bad luck. It'll probably take all year to be notified that parts are on hand to start repairs but it sure is a load off at least knowing that its coming. Fixing the weakest link is always a big deal, especially when you haul a 27k fifth wheel around the country like we do.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Damn the bad luck. It'll probably take all year to be notified that parts are on hand to start repairs but it sure is a load off at least knowing that its coming. Fixing the weakest link is always a big deal, especially when you haul a 27k fifth wheel around the country like we do.
Both times each truck was down about a month. It’s a hassle even when their company trucks and they gotta move stuff around. It must really suck when it’s a personal truck and gotta deal with it.

OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Both times each truck was down about a month. It’s a hassle even when their company trucks and they gotta move stuff around. It must really suck when it’s a personal truck and gotta deal with it.
I'd be happy for a month turn around time. Just got to stay put somewhere longer than a month which we hate but it would definitly be worth it. Its not like you can just pick up a loaner to haul a 27k fiver around, lol.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Basically says it's a problem they are aware of but can't fix now.
Mainly gives you options to choose on how to be notified when the parts are available.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Rumor circulating that the CP3 update will use an adaptor, rather than disturb the timing case, which would open the door to oil leaks o'plenty.

OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Basically says it's a problem they are aware of but can't fix now.
Mainly gives you options to choose on how to be notified when the parts are available.
Thanks for that heads up, I was hoping for parts are in and schedule your appointment but I guess I'm jumping the gun a bit

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Thanks for that heads up, I was hoping for parts are in and schedule your appointment but I guess I'm jumping the gun a bit

It's been quite awhile (months) since they announced the overtightened lugnuts recall. I just got a notice yesterday that I could schedule to have the recall performed.
I can imagine they won't be ready for another 2 months or so. Maybe more. But atleast they're working on it and it will happen. Meanwhile there's Fords eating pumps and nothing is being done by them.