Omg Is this the fall cp4 announcement we've been waiting for

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
I chimed in with an agent @RamCares this morning and all though she was very nice and honest she said there was nothing that she could do to escalate my parts kit order submission. I explained that the dealership screwed up and didn't document my engines sn when the parts were originally ordered so my parts kit was denied by fca. That is not my fault what so ever, and since the dealership is only allowed by fca to submit 2 of these parts kit per week, that i would have to rewait until it was my turn in line again to have the parts kit ordered, but I already waited in line once and why is that fair that I have to do it again for there mistake in paperwork. I should be put to The front of there order line not have to wait again. I also expressed that 10 days ago the dealership told me they ordered my parts and they would be here in the next wk or so. I told her Since we are full time travelers we would have to travel about 150 miles to get there and just let me know when we should head that way, she replied then i would start heading this way soon. So we canceled our paid for monthly stay to get local for the parts coming in soon. So we left a place that we had already paid for to go somewhere where I had to start a new a rent agreement. I also told her the dealership never called me back and i just traveled to a local cg and called the dealership a wk later to tell me they messed up the paperwork so i have to go to the back of the line and wait through the list again. now in all fairness I told her us having to travel is not her problem but we based all our plans on her explanation and that i know I might only have to wait behind a couple people but to our fairness why is the dealerships screw up our problem. All i asked for was to be escalated to The front of the order line since we already waited once. I know this sounds whiney but the customer should not be punished for a dealer mistake. The nice lady at ram cares said she documented my notes but fca had no authority over how the dealerships schedule buisness and she was sorry that my case could not be escalated. I expressed my dissatisfaction and suggested maybe fca needs to step in and contact the dealership to keep customer satisfaction at a premium for a premium priced vehicle, she said maybe I should just move too another dealership and start this process all over from the beginning. I told her this was not an option since we already left 1 paid for location to come here and now we only have 1 month too get this done before we have to be out to be at another location, or I could just keep canceling all our plans and losing money for something that wasnt my mistake. I also went out on a limb to say this Is not only in my best interest but rams as well. As of right now I just have a simple pump replacement but the longer we wait the Better the odds of the pump failing and then it's going to cost ram upwards of close to $20,000 too repair the entire fuel system, she didn't seem to care and i can't blame her as I probably sounded whiney and entitled.
I just want what's fair to be done so maybe @RamCares on here can get my parts kit order escalated or make a call to the dealership to prioritise this case since they screwed up.
Thanks all for the rant

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Don't feel too bad, how would you like to have a 2019 and find out they are approaching this completely bassackwards, and making older trucks wait until September(their estimate, not mine)? I am approaching 62K miles with fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Don't feel too bad, how would you like to have a 2019 and find out they are approaching this completely bassackwards, and making older trucks wait until September(their estimate, not mine)? I am approaching 62K miles with fingers crossed.
R u kidding me, what's there psychology behind that decision. I just hope that none of us have a failure while towing in traffic while we all wait because fca only allows the dealership to order 2 pump kits per wk

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
That is exactly what they do to the dealerships when there has been a delayed recall

Who ever is redoing the pumps, can only manufacture or rebuild X amount of parts per month

So FCA, or Stellantis, or Chrysler, whichever name they go by, has to make a decision

They can send the replacement parts to the first, second, third, etc. customers that had a malfunction or they can just send every Dodge Dealership 2 units per week

just in the USA, there are 2,410 Dodge locations in the United States as of May 11, 2022

There will not be a real problem with this method of distribution, for a while, then there will be some dealerships that have very few customers that have a 6.7 Cummins.
That dealership after a month, will have taken care of those customers, but they will continue to receive 2 fuel pumps every week & they will just be stored on a shelf in the parts department.
After a bit, some dealerships will have several in stock & others dealers still have customers needing those parts

There is nobody at Ram headquarters that can check every dealers parts inventory :(

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
There is nobody at Ram headquarters that can check every dealers parts inventory :(
I find that hard to believe.
When I had my Chevy and a brake sensor went bad, the dealer told me it is on order.
After two weeks of that, I went to another dealer.
The parts manager pulled up the part # and proceeded to show me there were only two dealers in the entire country that had that sensor and there was no way they were going to give them up because GM had the part noted as "no expected restocking date".
BTW, it was a full 6 months before my dealer got the part.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Back in 2010, when my HEMI Powered Ram had broken manifold bolts.
Chrysler was sending out 2 packages of manifold bolts to each dealership, ( sound Familiar ? )
In San Diego alone, there are 7 dealerships within 50 miles.
I live almost in the center, mileage wise.

My regular dealership tried reaching out, there were no dealerships anywhere that had the bolts in stock

So my dealership contacted Ram Headquarters in Auburn, Michigan
There were no unused bolts in Dealer stock anywhere
Headquarters Authorized my dealership to go to https://abababolt.com/, they are a commercial Hardware Store
I know the first order that came in was a gross of Grade 8 Bolts
Because i am a member of Dodge Business Link, they called me to drop off my Ram the next day !

Weeks later some dealers had several in stock
so there can not be a constant tally of what is in stock

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
R u kidding me, what's there psychology behind that decision. I just hope that none of us have a failure while towing in traffic while we all wait because fca only allows the dealership to order 2 pump kits per wk
From what I understand, that decision was software dictated. That is, they have the flash software for the 2020, but the 2019 is different and not available yet.

OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
From what I understand, that decision was software dictated. That is, they have the flash software for the 2020, but the 2019 is different and not available yet.
well that would almost make sense then, but still a slow process at only 2 per wk

jafr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There will be no stockpiling by the dealerships, they have to have the engine number off of the valve cover and the VIN to order the parts. If the dealer does not submit both numbers FCA will not send the parts. They are keeping pretty close tabs on this.

weyman cannington

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l cummins
I got mine scheduled locally....they can't even order the parts until my truck has been dropped off at the dealer....they estimate two days for shipping and then installation.....I'll be driving my jeep and riding my motorcycle until it's complete......but I'm thankful to have a solution now....I'm not even driving it until I take it to the dealer....only have 23,000 miles on it currently...

OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
There will be no stockpiling by the dealerships, they have to have the engine number off of the valve cover and the VIN to order the parts. If the dealer does not submit both numbers FCA will not send the parts. They are keeping pretty close tabs on this.
Thats exactly where they screwed me on. They only wrote down the vin and not the engine sn so when fca got my parts order form they denied it . You would think since the dealership made the mistake that they would put my order at the front of the line so i didn't have to wait again but here we are at the back of the line, I'm just hoping it's not a long line, even though that's beside the point of good customer service

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Not buying the software excuse. If my CP4 goes glitterbomb the dealer will order the full monty kit with rail, injectors, etc. What flash are they using to get failed trucks back on the road??? How is it that S&S has been selling an EPA and CARB compliant stock replacement kit that requires no reflash whatsoever? Nope, I call BS.

OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Not buying the software excuse. If my CP4 goes glitterbomb the dealer will order the full monty kit with rail, injectors, etc. What flash are they using to get failed trucks back on the road??? How is it that S&S has been selling an EPA and CARB compliant stock replacement kit that requires no reflash whatsoever? Nope, I call BS.
I guesse since its an automotive dealership we have to unfortunitly assume when they speak that its b.s., lol

OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Well got it back, they didn’t start it until late in the day Friday so finished it up today. May just be me but I’ll swear it idles smoother, even the wife noticed and said that before I did.

View attachment 493939
Sweet, that didn't take them long. I'm assuming they didn't find any contaminants?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I chimed in with an agent @RamCares this morning and all though she was very nice and honest she said there was nothing that she could do to escalate my parts kit order submission. I explained that the dealership screwed up and didn't document my engines sn when the parts were originally ordered so my parts kit was denied by fca. That is not my fault what so ever, and since the dealership is only allowed by fca to submit 2 of these parts kit per week, that i would have to rewait until it was my turn in line again to have the parts kit ordered, but I already waited in line once and why is that fair that I have to do it again for there mistake in paperwork. I should be put to The front of there order line not have to wait again. I also expressed that 10 days ago the dealership told me they ordered my parts and they would be here in the next wk or so. I told her Since we are full time travelers we would have to travel about 150 miles to get there and just let me know when we should head that way, she replied then i would start heading this way soon. So we canceled our paid for monthly stay to get local for the parts coming in soon. So we left a place that we had already paid for to go somewhere where I had to start a new a rent agreement. I also told her the dealership never called me back and i just traveled to a local cg and called the dealership a wk later to tell me they messed up the paperwork so i have to go to the back of the line and wait through the list again. now in all fairness I told her us having to travel is not her problem but we based all our plans on her explanation and that i know I might only have to wait behind a couple people but to our fairness why is the dealerships screw up our problem. All i asked for was to be escalated to The front of the order line since we already waited once. I know this sounds whiney but the customer should not be punished for a dealer mistake. The nice lady at ram cares said she documented my notes but fca had no authority over how the dealerships schedule buisness and she was sorry that my case could not be escalated. I expressed my dissatisfaction and suggested maybe fca needs to step in and contact the dealership to keep customer satisfaction at a premium for a premium priced vehicle, she said maybe I should just move too another dealership and start this process all over from the beginning. I told her this was not an option since we already left 1 paid for location to come here and now we only have 1 month too get this done before we have to be out to be at another location, or I could just keep canceling all our plans and losing money for something that wasnt my mistake. I also went out on a limb to say this Is not only in my best interest but rams as well. As of right now I just have a simple pump replacement but the longer we wait the Better the odds of the pump failing and then it's going to cost ram upwards of close to $20,000 too repair the entire fuel system, she didn't seem to care and i can't blame her as I probably sounded whiney and entitled.
I just want what's fair to be done so maybe @RamCares on here can get my parts kit order escalated or make a call to the dealership to prioritise this case since they screwed up.
Thanks all for the rant
Hi @Billet Bee,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing this! Unfortunately, the agent you spoke with previously was correct. Each of our dealerships are individually owned and are in charge of their day to day operations. Sadly, we're unable to escalate their waitlist. We'd suggest working with them to locate an acceptable solution.

Sarah
Ram Cares

OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Hi @Billet Bee,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing this! Unfortunately, the agent you spoke with previously was correct. Each of our dealerships are individually owned and are in charge of their day to day operations. Sadly, we're unable to escalate their waitlist. We'd suggest working with them to locate an acceptable solution.

Sarah
Ram Cares
Maybe this can be a suggestion for room for improvement. The customer should not have to go to the back of the line again because the dealership didn't do there paperwork properly. There should be a point where the dealership gets over ridden by corporate to do the right thing.
Tyvm for looking into this for me

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I got my notice today.
I'm not liking what was posted about the parts not even being ordered until you bring the truck in.
I can bring the truck in, they can get the numbers and order the parts. Then I will drive my truck back home and when the parts come in they can call me. I'm not leaving my truck to sit around for ??days. The notice even says it can take 12hrs to actually make the change. That's two days in my book. Then another two days for the parts to be delivered.
Call me when you get them. I promise I will come back with my truck.

OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
I got my notice today.
I'm not liking what was posted about the parts not even being ordered until you bring the truck in.
I can bring the truck in, they can get the numbers and order the parts. Then I will drive my truck back home and when the parts come in they can call me. I'm not leaving my truck to sit around for ??days. The notice even says it can take 12hrs to actually make the change. That's two days in my book. Then another two days for the parts to be delivered.
Call me when you get them. I promise I will come back with my truck.
that's how it's supposed too go for us .
Dealership gets your vin and engine sn
Dealership only submits 2 parts kit per wk so you have you wait in line how ever many others are ahead of you
Then once parts come the dealership calls you to make an appointment for the job
Then the job which takes at least 2 days to complete.
I'll have to have a free loaner as its our only vehicle