On Board Air Compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rustyraindog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 PW
Engine
So what is everybody using for onboard air? I recently decided to get the MaxiTrac 300 LPM compressor from NAPA (this one) and built an air up/down system also after watching a few videos (one of many)of the mods to do. I built my air up/down system to do my front tires and separate for my rear as I run different pressures front to rear. Currently it all sits in a bag in the bed and I am thinking of trying to find a permanent mounting position. Curious if anyone else has this compressor and what they have done to mount it in their Ram.

jambbii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Viar compressor mounted under fuse panel

Attachments

• 20220205_080004.jpg
    20220205_080004.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 57

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Do a search. I've posted my setup along with others in threads. Too much info to start another thread. Do a search.
I will say add a tank. It's nice to have volume and is more useful.

OP
OP
Rustyraindog

Rustyraindog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 PW
Engine
Do a search. I've posted my setup along with others in threads. Too much info to start another thread. Do a search.
I will say add a tank. It's nice to have volume and is more useful.
I did search and didn't find much as my search skills are weak. I was also asking more specifically about the **** Trac compressor which is much bigger than others. Why can't I say ****?? The compressor from NAPA.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I did search and didn't find much as my search skills are weak. I was also asking more specifically about the **** Trac compressor which is much bigger than others. Why can't I say ****?? The compressor from NAPA.

Try Google search. I found youtube videos and such. By searching just one forum about a specific off brand compressor you're limiting your chance of finding anything. All I searched in Google's was "Trac Compressor Napa" and plenty popped up.

71Superbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"There's already a thread about that"
Wow, that's the exact answer they give at the Cadillac and LaSalle forum.
I wonder why any of the forums even bother since every question has been answered.
"Google is your friend" is the next best buzz kill.
Two thumbs up! You hit both targets.

OP
OP
Rustyraindog

Rustyraindog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 PW
Engine
Try Google search. I found youtube videos and such. By searching just one forum about a specific off brand compressor you're limiting your chance of finding anything. All I searched in Google's was "Trac Compressor Napa" and plenty popped up.
Yeah, I have watched many videos about the compressor in question! The real question was who has permanently mounted one in their Ram truck ( not in a Toyota or a Jeep or Lexus, etc). It was not about what setup did YOU use as you did not use this compressor! I had to search for your post to see what you did, thanks for the link! I suppose all questions ever to be asked are already answered somewhere, so I guess the idea of a forum is a waste of time because Google should be able to answer all my questions huh?

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Yeah, I have watched many videos about the compressor in question! The real question was who has permanently mounted one in their Ram truck ( not in a Toyota or a Jeep or Lexus, etc). It was not about what setup did YOU use as you did not use this compressor! I had to search for your post to see what you did, thanks for the link! I suppose all questions ever to be asked are already answered somewhere, so I guess the idea of a forum is a waste of time because Google should be able to answer all my questions huh?

Not for nothing but go back and read your own post's opening question? ‍♂️
In a RAM forum about a specific universal Napa compressor, yes google it for best results.
But I'll stay of your thread here so all the others waiting in line to reply about some specific Napa compressor mounted on there Ram.
O.k. guys....... take it away.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rustyraindog

Rustyraindog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 PW
Engine
Not for nothing but go back and read your own post's opening question? ‍♂️
In a RAM forum about a specific universal Napa compressor, yes google it for best results.
But I'll stay of your thread here so all the others waiting in line to reply about some specific Napa compressor mounted on there Ram.
O.k. guys....... take it away.
I know what the first question was and you didn't even answer that question or provide a link to your thread! Did you bother to read my post to the end where I asked "Curious if anyone else has this compressor and what they have done to mount it in their Ram" ?
Why do you feel the need to ****-post in my thread and not provide any helpful dialogue or information?

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
So what is everybody using for onboard air? I recently decided to get the MaxiTrac 300 LPM compressor from NAPA (this one) and built an air up/down system also after watching a few videos (one of many)of the mods to do. I built my air up/down system to do my front tires and separate for my rear as I run different pressures front to rear. Currently it all sits in a bag in the bed and I am thinking of trying to find a permanent mounting position. Curious if anyone else has this compressor and what they have done to mount it in their Ram.

No, your FIRST sentence and ONLY question in the post. I answered it. I read you're using a different setup so I wasnt being bothered reposting everything. I suggested for anyone to search for the onboard air threads on the forum to see the info. It's not hard to understand. If you don't like the answer someone gave then ignore it and carry on. You're the one being snippy and dragging it out.
Good luck with others replying.

Malodave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I had a Viair on my 2008 Big Horn. There are two 4.5 Gallon Aluminum tanks on the Frame rails.
It took 23 minutes to fill the tanks from 0 to 200 psi. I later picked up a York 210 AC compressor
from a 1973 Mercedes and made Brackets to mount it to the Hemi. I used a Hybrid Pulley on the
Alternator. Half Sepentine and half V Belt. This setup would do the same Tank fill up in 3 minutes
at idle. I plan to use a Sanden Compressor on my 2021 Laramie EcoDiesel.

Here is my Nathan Airchime K5LA Train Horn Setup: There is a regulated tool port in the engine bay
and another with the full pressure of 200psi at the Tool Box in the Bed.

Malodave

NathanAirchimeK5LA.jpg

RAM-YorkMount1.jpg

RAM-YorkMount2.jpg

RAM-YorkMount3 - Copy.jpg

RAM-YorkMount4.jpg

RAM-YorkMount5.jpg