On Board Air?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amazonica

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Anyone install an on board air compressor? I'm wanting outside of the cab wired to the battery, not a portable one. I'm used to easily modded Wranglers and know where to look for that vehicle. No idea for trucks. I don't plan on rock crawling anymore, just want to reliably fill the truck and trailer tires when boondocking.

Any recommended sites for mounting brackets? I like the ARB Twin, but don't even know if that'll work on my 2019 Rebel.

OP
OP
Amazonica

Amazonica

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thank you @crash68. From your link I saw that they do have a compressor only option for the 1500. I am new to anything besides Jeeps. How does Kleinn compare to ARB?

Malodave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I made Custom Brackets to mount a York 210 AC compressor on my 2008 Hemi.
I picked up the compressor off of a 1973 Mercedes for $37. It will run at 9-10 CFM
@ 90 PSI. It fills my 9 gallon tank to 200psi in 3 minutes at idle. The Viair electric
took 23 minutes to do the same. You will not be disappointed if you can get one of
these compressors on your truck. Do a search on York 210 and enlighten yourself!

Malodave

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I was thinking about finding a compressor which will fit in my rambox. There's even a power outlet in the driver's side box. Would be perfect for my use.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Amazonica

Amazonica

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks for the info @Malodave - that York 210 does seem like a good solution. Down the rabbit hole of investigation I fell. Looks like ORO makes them for Wranglers. I didn't see any brackets or installs for a 1500. Do you have a photo of your bracket? I can't make one, but can have one made if I can show someone a pic. I'm also looking at installing a deep cycle battery (to run ARB fridge) later on, so have to mount a compressor where it won't hinder my future battery plans.