On the fence about new 4th gen SLT, SSV, or 5th gen Big Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
A 2020 SSV had popped up nearby, but it went fast and so far no one wants to break the rules and let me order another one. The only knock against another SSV is not having auto AC, but was otherwise happy with my current one. Other 4th gens don't seem to let me get a RamBox and front bench, have issues balancing features vs appearance, and I was hoping to get a BW44-44 on my next one(I know it sucks, but I hate the BW44-45 in parking lots).

I can configure a 5th gen BigHorn with everything I want but the 360 cam, but I'll need to find a bunch of extra cash, I find it ugly, and at the end of the day they'll both meet my truck needs.

I was very surprised about the nicer rear interior and quieter ride. If the XA1 option for trailer backup is legit that would be a clear win, even if it was initial locked to higher trims.

OP
OP
Tim7139

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
No luck with another SSV.

I've been told XA1 option for trailer backup is available, so I think I'm going to order a 2021 Big Horn.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No luck with another SSV.
I've been told XA1 option for trailer backup is available, so I think I'm going to order a 2021 Big Horn.
Good call!
Good luck and keep us posted!