One Inebriated Rodents' Daily Driver {under reconstruction}

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
b1ac25907c1cd3ed0491196e7a8c9024.jpg

More parts in.

General video update.

Gonna order shocks for this as well. Bilstein 4600's all around. 1.5" rear drop, 1" front lift.

What else am I gonna need for this, particularly in the front. (the whole front end was serviced in 2016 under extended warranty. I believe that was all new ball joints and bushings.)

Sent from my magic 5-inch

Last edited:

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What else am I gonna need for this, particularly in the front. (the whole front end was serviced in 2016 under extended warranty. I believe that was all new ball joints and bushings.)

If the entire front end really was serviced then you should be gtg. Ball joints and bushings is pretty much what i would recommend while your in there but if that was done then should all be good. Obviously check stuff like CV play or grease leaks from boots, BJ's etc, i would do that now so you know if theres things that should be replaced while you got the front end torn apart and likely gunna need a alignment afterwards anyway so best time to replace anything failing.

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
If the entire front end really was serviced then you should be gtg. Ball joints and bushings is pretty much what i would recommend while your in there but if that was done then should all be good. Obviously check stuff like CV play or grease leaks from boots, BJ's etc, i would do that now so you know if theres things that should be replaced while you got the front end torn apart and likely gunna need a alignment afterwards anyway so best time to replace anything failing.
So basically, check for play and leaks and if there are none, I'm good? Okay. I'll do that when I rotate my tires. Rears are at 4/32 and fronts are at 7/32. All the damn wheel spinning i get down to is the cause of that, haha.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So basically, check for play and leaks and if there are none, I'm good? Okay. I'll do that when I rotate my tires. Rears are at 4/32 and fronts are at 7/32. All the damn wheel spinning i get down to is the cause of that, haha.

Basically yes, also I'd check the sway bar bushings. If you can get someone who won't accidently kill you lol lay under each side and have someone slowly crank the wheel from lock to lock, it's a good way to spot boot issues that may slip past the eye at a quick glance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Basically yes, also I'd check the sway bar bushings. If you can get someone who won't accidently kill you lol lay under each side and have someone slowly crank the wheel from lock to lock, it's a good way to spot boot issues that may slip past the eye at a quick glance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Yep. Don't be afraid to get under there with a prybar to really check.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Yep. Don't be afraid to get under there with a prybar to really check.

Check the sway bar bushings with a pry bar? By bending the sway in the middle?

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check the sway bar bushings with a pry bar? By bending the sway in the middle?

Use the prybar on everything. Obviously don't go with enough pressure to bend metal. What you're looking for is excessive play in the bushings. Same principle applies with control arms, ball joints, etc.

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
****** long time since I touched this thread. Recently took my lift spacers out of the front. Rides much better now, looks a bit better, too, IMO. Priced out some nitto 420s in 285/50r20 for a 3/5 drop I wanna do. Should run about $750 installed after tax for the tires. Can't do it now, but hopefully soon. Maybe. Depends on financial **** happening in November.

A/C was also down. Blend box and evap core. Did a total blend box door upgrade and replaced both the evap and heater core while I was at it. Had the system recharged. Thought it wasn't done right cuz the **** couldn't cool the truck, but confirmed today with an AC pro kit that it was properly charged, and the reason it wasn't cooling the truck like I wanted is because the box won't change off of foot and face.

I'm thinking the dial could be broken, as others have suggested, but it COULD be the motor. Then again, it also won't go into defrost or anything else aside from changing recirc on and off. And sometimes it will go out of recirc by itself and I'll have to change the dial out of and then back into recirc to get it to reset. Could be the dials, could be a door motor. IDK.

I can only find out when I can get to LKQ fast enough to snag a dial cluster before the vultures descend. There was one that was literally gone the same day, and every other truck there had all that **** stripped, too. Not looking good. Might attempt a repair if you guys think it's worth it. I have a soldering kit, now, so... Should I?

Finally, the truck threw a p0071 about a week ago. Spent $17 today and my Ambient Air Temperature sensor problem is fixed with a new unit and quick unplugging of the battery. Got some air fresheners and windshield washer fluid while I was at it. Maybe this will help fuel economy? Or my AC work better? The article I read said that an AAT out could affect both the engine and AC system, so, who knows...

So yeah, that's my 6-month update. Also, I hate my bedliner and want to take it off. Any tips/ideas, guys?

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Thread is DEFUNCT! Truck was traded. Then I ****** up the car I bought.

#FeelsBadMan
#MaybeItsASign

Wouldn't have done it if single cab.

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Now here I am nearly 2 years later. Mayhaps I'll have a new ram by the end of March to match my previous post. Jesus, I sounded like a **** with my earliest posts, too. And good heavens, those videos.... I needed some work done on myself, let alone my truck. Hell, I still do.

Anyway, since I've kinda returned, guess I'll keep y'all updated. I really hope I can get another 3g in good shape, but I might end up having to settle for a 2g, or an 02 3g with the "wrong" engine. I've already decided not to accept a beater, or any layout I don't want, so I'll just have to be patient for FB marketplace to show me an SCSB 3rd gen that isn't ratty, and only show it to me at the right time that I have the money to pounce with.

Then, I'll come back, the prodigal son truly returning, and I'll accept the wisdom of this forum without trying to pretend to be smarter than everybody like I did before. Or get too far damn ahead of myself with crap I either can't achieve, can't afford, or don't have time for. Or any mixture of the three.

Look forward to talking to you guys again. Hopefully, Ramforum is still kinda active.