One turn signal sometimes fast ‘04 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RUGB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Odd thing, when the headlights are on, sometimes the right turn signal flashes fast, almost like a flickering. And the bulb out message flickers. I put new bulbs is the front and rear and thought I had it licked, but then it started doing it again, maybe half the time. Anyone else had this or have an answer?
Thanks

Recoil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does this happen only when the headlights are on or all the time?

OP
OP
R

RUGB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only seems to do it with the headlights on.
Today it wouldn’t necessarily do it with the headlights on, but would do it with the headlights on and about 5 seconds after I started it, it would start doing it. Like flash twice as fast as it should. Just found out a clue here, as it may have started doing this after a headlight / turn signal assembly was replaced with an aftermarket one. Don’t know why this would change anything as I’m quite sure it is the original socket and wiring to the turn signal. It’s like it is sensing a bulb out intermittently, real quick and flickering the bulb out message to you. Front ,back ,and dash lights work and don’t miss a blink.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
+1 on the ground problem. Check all the socket grounds closely for corrosion.

aviatorblackout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Most likely a bad after market multiswitch since you said you had problems only after replacing. Either that or the relay is bad, but probably the multifunction switch. Although the are electrical they have mechanical sliding elements that can get gummed up. If that aftermarket one was sitting somewhere in a dusty warehouse, or it was just poorly made it can have internal ground faults

here's a good video showing how they work: