Online Search on Nav screen 12 inch UConnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Ruocco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone been able to get this to work? When I click on it to search it says offline. See the picture where it shows no data connection.

IMG_0761.jpg

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is your cell phone setup to allow the radio to access the internet??? I don't have that radio but did find this little bit of info on what I think you are talking about..... hope it helps!!!

"Uconnect® Send ’n Go™ & Vehicle Finder uses your smartphone’s existing data plan to access information online. To use Send ’n Go & Vehicle Finder, you must have a compatible smartphone (with the Uconnect Access app installed and launched, visit UconnectPhone.com for compatibility) and you must fulfill all Uconnect Access registration and subscription requirements. Register as soon as possible. Must be within the 48 contiguous United States, plus Alaska within active and usable cellular range."

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wonder if you have to buy the uconnect WiFi service

OP
OP
M

Mike Ruocco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is your cell phone setup to allow the radio to access the internet??? I don't have that radio but did find this little bit of info on what I think you are talking about..... hope it helps!!!

"Uconnect® Send ’n Go™ & Vehicle Finder uses your smartphone’s existing data plan to access information online. To use Send ’n Go & Vehicle Finder, you must have a compatible smartphone (with the Uconnect Access app installed and launched, visit UconnectPhone.com for compatibility) and you must fulfill all Uconnect Access registration and subscription requirements. Register as soon as possible. Must be within the 48 contiguous United States, plus Alaska within active and usable cellular range."
That is to send a destination from your phone to the truck. And that works fine.

Frank Bailey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I have and got the same offline like you. Hoping to find a solution as Google maps is more current.

jimh4662

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM Laramie Longhorn C.C. Delmonico Red PearlCoat
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what do you do about the new NAV positing inaccurate speed limit signs. My local access road surrounding my house address has 55 mph listed. But the actual speed is 35. State police defently won't take Mopar nav as excuse. Who or how do you fix. Oddly it's only on the two roads leading to or around my house. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
M

Mike Ruocco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would think it will require a map update. But I dont know. But lets not hijack the thread. You should create a new thread about this topic.

Thanks

what do you do about the new NAV positing inaccurate speed limit signs. My local access road surrounding my house address has 55 mph listed. But the actual speed is 35. State police defently won't take Mopar nav as excuse. Who or how do you fix. Oddly it's only on the two roads leading to or around my house. Any suggestions?

LaramieLongHorn13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have this same issue. Very frustrating. I looked everywhere to see if this was covered in any videos. I found one video made by FCA demonstrating the 12 inch nav and rather than "online search" theirs says search street, places. When they touch there it has the same signals bars and the zero with an / through it. When I touch there and enter anything it just says offline search. Also a bit confusing is when you go to manual section or assist it will say LTE and when in hot spot it always says 4G. So not sure but hope they clear some of this up because it is an expensive truck and the Connect 12 was a big reason for getting the truck. I just got this truck a week ago and I see your post was in may so they still have not fixed anything. My truck had just came off transport the day I got it.

OP
OP
M

Mike Ruocco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah there has been no software updates yet. I have spoken to Sirius who is the data provider for the system and they say we need to wait for a software update.

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Same deal with the custom text to speech button. You push it and it takes you to canned responses. Why have the button?

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought my truck in July and as well have this question. I plan on asking the dealership and let them sort this out. They sold me the product. I will share any info I get from them here as well.