Opinions about air suspension for regular cab between two truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just buy my regular cab classic 2021 4.4 hemi my first truck tbh and a close friend ask me for opinion between regular cab 2021 ram classic hemi 4.4 like mine or the 2021 Ford F-150 regular cab 4.4 5.0 his concern for the truck or let’s say most important things for him is the air suspension and which truck will feel smoother or more comfort ride because he will use it daily car I tell him I didn’t know about the Ford regular cab but what I feel about my new ram classic regular cab is comfort riding But I can’t tell if it’s more than Ford or no that’s why I post this to ask you guys because I’m not expert in truck

So if anyone try both of regular cab can tell me which one feel smoother and comfort ride regarding to air suspension when you face street bump or use it daily in street or little off-road

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the USA market I don't think air suspension is available on the reg cab F150, they may offer airbags for the rear but it's still coil spring struts in front and leaf springs in back.

The geometry of the front suspension on F150's is almost identical to the geometry on Ram 1500, it would be impossible to predict ride characteristic differences without driving them back-to-back. The rear suspension is very different between the two trucks but it would still be difficult to predict which offers a smoother ride, it is likely that the Ram would ride more smoothly because the springs only have to hold the vehicle up, the suspension links locate the axle relative to the chassis. On the F150 the leaf springs must be stiff enough to locate the axle relative to the chassis while also providing vertical support so in most cases this will produce a slightly more rough ride. Not always. Again it would be necessary to drive both and I have not done this.

Any truck today rides better than any truck did 20 years ago.

OP
OP
Q

QRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For the USA market I don't think air suspension is available on the reg cab F150, they may offer airbags for the rear but it's still coil spring struts in front and leaf springs in back.

The geometry of the front suspension on F150's is almost identical to the geometry on Ram 1500, it would be impossible to predict ride characteristic differences without driving them back-to-back. The rear suspension is very different between the two trucks but it would still be difficult to predict which offers a smoother ride, it is likely that the Ram would ride more smoothly because the springs only have to hold the vehicle up, the suspension links locate the axle relative to the chassis. On the F150 the leaf springs must be stiff enough to locate the axle relative to the chassis while also providing vertical support so in most cases this will produce a slightly more rough ride. Not always. Again it would be necessary to drive both and I have not done this.

Any truck today rides better than any truck did 20 years ago.
Thanks kurek u got my point I mean suspension but because English not my first language but you get my point 100% it’s mean RAM classic regular will have little advantage in smooth ride compare to f150 regular cab but I think he need to drive them both I can let him drive mine and he need see Ford show room to try f150 to have better idea but I’m with you I think that RAM regular 2021 suspension wise little smoother and comfort than f150 regular 2021

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01