Opinions needed 2017 lower or lift???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
what are everyone opinions on lowering or lifting, I'm open to both just cant decide what to do
full

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
what about leveling ? nice truck.. welcome

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're going to level most of us are going with Bilstein 5100 shocks and re-using OEM springs. Or for even easier DIY, Rancho Quick Lifts.

After doing a bunch of research here, I did the Bilsteins. I took my sweet time doing it using any and all info I could find on the DIY install (via YouTube, here in the DIY section, and asking question/starting threads here). This also gave me an excuse to buy new tools. I learned a lot about the truck and boosted my confidence in doing more stuff to my truck (oil changes, fender flares, Kicker speaker upgrade, oil filter relocation, DeeZee tailgate assist, painting the grill/Plastidip emblems, painting rear bumper, painting exhaust tips, LED headlight/fog light upgrades, catch can, 180* T-stat, cabin air filter mod, etc).

But opinions will vary.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If you're going to level most of us are going with Bilstein 5100 shocks and re-using OEM springs. Or for even easier DIY, Rancho Quick Lifts.

After doing a bunch of research here, I did the Bilsteins. I took my sweet time doing it using any and all info I could find on the DIY install (via YouTube, here in the DIY section, and asking question/starting threads here). This also gave me an excuse to buy new tools. I learned a lot about the truck and boosted my confidence in doing more stuff to my truck (oil changes, fender flares, Kicker speaker upgrade, oil filter relocation, DeeZee tailgate assist, painting the grill/Plastidip emblems, painting rear bumper, painting exhaust tips, LED headlight/fog light upgrades, catch can, 180* T-stat, cabin air filter mod, etc).

But opinions will vary.
thank you, I came from having a jeep where i cut a hole in the new hood to install louvers, I certainly will be doing my homework i like to as much of the work as i can and who doesnt need new tools :)

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I do believe there is a lowered 4x4 thread here. To each their own. I had a lifted 2005 Silverado, now stock height is fine by me.
I agree i live in PA however so its not entirely flat. Im leaning now toward either leveling it or maybe lowering 2/4 i don't think i need more than that.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Of course, to be honest, OP, you need to decide on the truck's mission first, then tactics. As mentioned, a good rule of thumb is indeed to drop the 4x2s and raise the 4X4s, but again, what will you be doing with that truck? Daily driver and grocery getter? Taking the travel trailer to nearby parks during camping season? Or even, gasp, racing? Once you figure that out, decide on what to do...thankfully, this forum is full of folks who have considered, if not already done, anything you (or I) have come up with, so you're sure to get some good advice soon.

Heck, I'm with NoveskeFan...I've no plans to raise my '16 Reb; stock (dare I say it) height is just fine with me. It might just be with you, too, if really don't need to drop or lift it other than you're just itching to do something to it.

TXCOMT

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Of course, to be honest, OP, you need to decide on the truck's mission first, then tactics. As mentioned, a good rule of thumb is indeed to drop the 4x2s and raise the 4X4s, but again, what will you be doing with that truck? Daily driver and grocery getter? Taking the travel trailer to nearby parks during camping season? Or even, gasp, racing? Once you figure that out, decide on what to do...thankfully, this forum is full of folks who have considered, if not already done, anything you (or I) have come up with, so you're sure to get some good advice soon.

Heck, I'm with NoveskeFan...I've no plans to raise my '16 Reb; stock (dare I say it) height is just fine with me. It might just be with you, too, if really don't need to drop or lift it other than you're just itching to do something to it.

TXCOMT
true my modding fingers are itchy lol, i just got the ram in October coming from a jeep with a 6" lift so far i love it just need to do "something" I just recently did the exhaust and the vararam intake and have a diablo t2 on the way as I'm typing this, I'm to old for racing other than showing the local punk A$$ kids there honda is a POS. this truck will be my daily driver for the most part.

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is no formula to lowering or lifting. It all depends what look you like. There are so many ways now you can haul and tow with a lowered truck, and you can do light off roading in a 2wd. I personally like both looks. I wouldn’t hesitate to lower a 4x4 or lift a 2wd and I have done both in the past. Don’t let peer pressure here determine what you “should” do. I can’t wait to see what you decide to do!

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I say lower 4x2's and lift 4x4's.

This

Level or lift 4x4

I’m all for lowering especially when it comes to cars but I have my Charger to satisfy that need so I rather ride high in my truck.