Opinions on Panhard / Track Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have read nearly zillions of reviews on his suspension for ram 2500s. There is literally nothing out there but super excited and happy customers.

I have a power wagon, which has quite a bit better ride quality than a normal 2500. And his kit is largely better than the stock power wagon suspension in terms of ride quality and performance. There will be a fair bit of payload loss in comparison to a normal 2500, but nothing bags couldn't take care of if he tows heavy.
My truck rides fine as is, I do tow heavy a couple times a year so I’ll be leaving it alone, but thanks for the info.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck rides fine as is, I do tow heavy a couple times a year so I’ll be leaving it alone, but thanks for the info.

:favorites13:

If you ever get sick of the rear “waggle” these trucks have (or maybe you dont even notice it), you could still install his rear trackbar kit on a stock truck.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
:favorites13:

If you ever get sick of the rear “waggle” these trucks have (or maybe you dont even notice it), you could still install his rear trackbar kit on a stock truck.
I don’t have any issue with that at all, even towing the 11,000 lb bobcat. I know a couple people that have air ride that complain about that a lot but mines good!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t have any issue with that at all, even towing the 11,000 lb bobcat. I know a couple people that have air ride that complain about that a lot but mines good!

You happen to have the 3500 with rear leaf springs, instead of the coils/trackbar on the 2500?

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I understand. Im just saying, thurens axle mount moves toward the tire a lot along with moving up. Im not talking about adjusting it a half inch or something, im talking like 8 or 10 inches longer. It completely changes the rear geometry, unlike his bracket did with his lift kit.
That’s interesting that you say 8-10” when the website (your link) says it’s non adjustable and 6.5” longer than the oem bar. It also comes with its own relocation brackets and says it’s for 0-2.5” lifts. So since my truck is lifted more than 2.5” it wouldn’t even work.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s interesting that you say 8-10” when the website (your link) says it’s non adjustable and 6.5” longer than the oem bar. It also comes with its own relocation brackets and says it’s for 0-2.5” lifts. So since my truck is lifted more than 2.5” it wouldn’t even work.

When i said 8-10” i was just throwing a number out there. I didnt know the exact number. I was just saying it isnt a replacement trackbar for the stock mount. If thurens site say 6.5”, then thats what it is.

OP
OP
CincyZach

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Core 4x4 Panhard Bar is installed! The bar is a beast, and weighed in at 17lbs compared to the stock one at 4lbs. Took a quick ride around the block and absolutely can tell a difference. The ass end feels even more planted and solid than before. So I purchased the Hellwig Sway Bar, Core 4x4 End Links, and now the Core 4x4 Panhard Bar all at different times. All installed at different times and I could tell a positive difference with each one. IMO all worth getting!

(rained today so looking a little dirty)

fullsizeoutput_cb9.jpeg

IMG_6205.JPG

IMG_6206.JPG

IMG_6207.JPG

Reactions: JB1

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That stocker looks like a toothpick compared to the Core one lol.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
But does it stop wheel hop when warming the rear tires up? Looks great though.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
wow....so if you don't mind me asking, what was shipped price?

OP
OP
CincyZach

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But does it stop wheel hop when warming the rear tires up? Looks great though.
Hmmm... I don't typically do that as tires aren't freaking cheap! lol. I'll have to let you know... roads have been wet since I've put it on. My guess is if it doesn't completely stop it, that it would come close and be a huge improvement. Honestly I didn't really expect to be able to tell much of a difference after putting it on. Seriously in the short time I've had it on I can tell a big difference. It just feels more solid and planted to the road, and it felt pretty damn good before I put it on. IMHO totally worth the purchase.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
wow, great price, thank you

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great, it is a big improvement over stock. So are control arms in the future now? :emotions33:

OP
OP
CincyZach

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great, it is a big improvement over stock. So are control arms in the future now? :emotions33:
Thank you! Those were all replaced with the Fabtech Lift Kit, they are pretty beefy and I'm happy with them. At least for now lol. Hmm... next... I sent Benny my VIN to see if the Mopar CAI is available yet for my truck, so hoping that's next!