Opinions on this Power Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Go to KBB.com and get a value on this truck and your trade. Then look at those numbers and what they are asking for the truck. It may give you an idea of a good negotiating strategy and a price to start with.

FYI, the options and modifications cannot be valued and should not be part of the sales price. A dealer won't give you anything but below book value for your trade regardless of what you've done to your truck and so I'd certainly not give any value to the mods on the truck they are trying to sell.

Values on that truck will vary by location and by availability.

Hammer757

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could get a new tradesman with the power wagon package around the same price (bargaining chip). Another thing to keep in mind is used vehicles have a lot of profit margin in them usually, so I would think you could work a good deal. Though 2016 isn't that old, why did they trade? I know I can't get rid of my 2016 Grand Cherokee fast enough. That eco diesel spends more time in the shop than on the road. Just some ideas to think on.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m looking at this PW at a local dealer

https://www.samlemanford.com/invent...power-wagon-4wd-4d-crew-cab-3c6tr5ej4gg260464

It’s got Ramboxes, a bed cover, and $2500ish in aftermarket rims and tires.

Price works out to between $33.5k and 35.5k depending on how you value my trade

Does this seem like a reasonable deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its a nice truck but 5-7k over value if you ask me. I would expect my 2017 very similar in packages to trade around 32-35k. I wouldn’t buy a 16 for 37k. Just my two cents. Nice truck though no doubt. Good options also. Its all about the ram box for me. Its a must have.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Mileage is a little high but the price seems to reflect that. So anything in the low 30s looks right to me.

OP
OP
K

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
So the price on the truck is about $400 less than KBB’s fair purchase price and they’re offering me about $700 over what KBB says is a fair price for mine. Dont know how accurate KBB is though

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Sides are blacked out with front and rear chrome, complete abomination of poor taste.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I initially thought Way over priced. But just for grins I looked at new PW prices. Holy crap have they gone up in price since I had one a few years ago! A 2019 PW is way up in well equipt diesel truck pricing now.

I guess if you feel comfortable with the price go for it. Times are changing and while I wouldn't have touched that 3 years ago at that price maybe that's the norm now?

My disclaimer as always with a PW, It's a purpose built truck just like a diesel or a Ferrari. Make sure it fits your needs. It is a Awesome off road truck, weekend truck. It's not a great for towing or heavy hauling and the mpg and range absolutely suck so do your research. It's a great truck but after a year of ownership I quickly learned it wasn't the right vehicle for my day to day use.

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
Awesome truck! Last year of the obnoxious chrome and decals lol, I would swap chrome for black, and delete some of the graphics. Regardless, great looking truck

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you guys think this is fairly priced?

I paid 39500 for a 2017 with 21k miles in it.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Sides meaning the steps?

Everything including the wheels is black on the side(less PW decal) and the bumpers/grill stick out like sore thumbs. Maybe it looks decent in person but you wanted opinions aha

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
OP
OP
K

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Everything including the wheels is black on the side(less PW decal) and the bumpers/grill stick out like sore thumbs. Maybe it looks decent in person but you wanted opinions aha

Yeah, there’s a few minor things I’m not a big fan of. Id probably look at getting the bumpers vinyl wrapped if I can find a vinyl that matches the paint, and I don’t like the cheap plastic steps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Banks use NADA and it is 38k-40 depending on condition from what I just checked. And the tires and wheels have value to the buyer and to me that just saved $3500 at least.
So heck yeah, take the deal! That is a good buy. The Cosmetics can be fixed

OP
OP
K

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Banks use NADA and it is 38k-40 depending on condition from what I just checked. And the tires and wheels have value to the buyer and to me that just saved $3500 at least.
So heck yeah, take the deal! That is a good buy. The Cosmetics can be fixed

I was probably going to spend $2500 on a small lift and tires for my truck, and still be stuck with 3.73s. Add in $500 for a bed cover and for an extra $6500 I’m moving up 2 years, 10,000 less miles, and I’m getting the power wagon axles and ramboxes

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I was probably going to spend $2500 on a small lift and tires for my truck, and still be stuck with 3.73s. Add in $500 for a bed cover and for an extra $6500 I’m moving up 2 years, 10,000 less miles, and I’m getting the power wagon axles and ramboxes

No brainer then. I love the PW and my only regret is that I bought three Fords first before I found mine.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I initially thought Way over priced. But just for grins I looked at new PW prices. Holy crap have they gone up in price since I had one a few years ago! A 2019 PW is way up in well equipt diesel truck pricing now.

I guess if you feel comfortable with the price go for it. Times are changing and while I wouldn't have touched that 3 years ago at that price maybe that's the norm now?

My disclaimer as always with a PW, It's a purpose built truck just like a diesel or a Ferrari. Make sure it fits your needs. It is a Awesome off road truck, weekend truck. It's not a great for towing or heavy hauling and the mpg and range absolutely suck so do your research. It's a great truck but after a year of ownership I quickly learned it wasn't the right vehicle for my day to day use.

Great disclaimer. I completely agree.

The wagons have always been comparably priced to the same optioned out diesel truck. The pw option is just over $7000 if I remember correctly, while the diesel is more toward $9000.

OP
OP
K

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins

Those do seem like pretty good deals, and if I was buying without a trade I’d think about it. Too many moving parts trying to coordinate trade value and everything from 500-2000 miles away. I’d hate to spend multiple days driving and hundreds in gas only to not be able to come to a deal. Then there’s the hassle of plating it and paying taxes in Illinois when buying out of state

Last edited: