Opinions on this Power Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Very nice. Good looking condition from pics. I like the price. Mine has 62k miles and runs great. What’s the service record like?

Don’t know. Just like the last one it’s 5 hours from me and I haven’t reached out to them yet. I love the color, same as my 14. I’d really rather have a 2018 just because of the Apple CarPlay but I can live without

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
It’s got a good car fax honestly. Well serviced. What’s not to like? It certainly doesn’t look abused.
Being that it’s a commercial vehicle I had multiple drivers and a lot of miles racked up. I know that when I rent a vehicle or when in the past, when I had a company truck it was not treated the same as my personal truck. And 62k already? That’s 1/3 of the life of an off road vehicle. Or 1/4 if it remains a pavement Princess. Still, too many for a 17.

OP
OP
K

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
It is interesting that it’s so well optioned but has the vinyl floor

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
My son has a company truck, Ford F-150 eco, crew cab, 4X4, that his company leases through a fleet management company along with many other vehicles they assign to their employees. The trucks are usually returned off lease at 60-65,000 miles which in my son's case is about 1 1/2 years.

I would be happy to buy anyone he returns as the miles are highway miles and because it is assigned to him, he treats it like he owns it.

This on is worth investigating if it fits that category.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is interesting that it’s so well optioned but has the vinyl floor

Makes it even more appealing to me. Wish mine had the vinyl floor. Makes this so easy!

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
My son has a company truck, Ford F-150 eco, crew cab, 4X4, that his company leases through a fleet management company along with many other vehicles they assign to their employees. The trucks are usually returned off lease at 60-65,000 miles which in my son's case is about 1 1/2 years.

I would be happy to buy anyone he returns as the miles are highway miles and because it is assigned to him, he treats it like he owns it.

This on is worth investigating if it fits that category.
Cop cars are the same. Would you but a police car? Those cars never turn off the whole shift. My truck has an hour gauge for the engine run time. I assume they have been doing this a few years. I would be curious if the idle time is high also. Ask you son if he pays for gas, if not, ask if he is a little careless with leaving the truck running?
I own a company and 12 trucks, when I sell a truck, I sell it 25% less than market ( most of the time to my own employees) because I know we are not driving it normally. And my GPS Systems tell me my guys don’t turn off their trucks when they should. I had to install auto kill. Also what company buys a power wagon to lease? Pipe line. Electric service. I would like to see the undercarriage too.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cop cars are the same. Would you but a police car? Those cars never turn off the whole shift. My truck has an hour gauge for the engine run time. I assume they have been doing this a few years. I would be curious if the idle time is high also. Ask you son if he pays for gas, if not, ask if he is a little careless with leaving the truck running?
I own a company and 12 trucks, when I sell a truck, I sell it 25% less than market ( most of the time to my own employees) because I know we are not driving it normally. And my GPS Systems tell me my guys don’t turn off their trucks when they should. I had to install auto kill. Also what company buys a power wagon to lease? Pipe line. Electric service. I would like to see the undercarriage too.
If you want the video the rear frame rail looks brand new. Would like to see the under carriage also.

also a police car is not a fair gauge on a average fleet vehicle in my opinion. They go from idle to 100 mph all the time do to the nature of their use and are used sometimes to ram other cars or objects. Could be the most abused fleets around. I’m sure less demanding occupations have less wear and tear on the cars and trucks used in fleet service

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
If you want the video the rear frame rail looks brand new. Would like to see the under carriage also.

also a police car is not a fair gauge on a average fleet vehicle in my opinion. They go from idle to 100 mph all the time do to the nature of their use and are used sometimes to ram other cars or objects. Could be the most abused fleets around. I’m sure less demanding occupations have less wear and tear on the cars and trucks used in fleet service
Maybe y’all are right, but the OP ask for opinions and I gave him a real life scenario that happens to me daily. Take the risk? No warranty ( unless he gets one there, and in this case I would advise to spend the 2-3k for a warranty knowing it was a fleet.
my brother in law has a Ram lease agreement for his large company in Houston and it is a land scape company. Never goes a mile without a loaded trailer attached.
Would this company be abnormal too? Just consider the use.
Plus look at the Northern states it was used in. Y’all trucks rust out a lost quicker the ours down south. Could it have been a plow truck??
Too risky IMO

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
2016 PW for $14,900. Just under 36,000 miles.

https://www.74auto.com/vehiclesDetail.php?117332
Interesting. The site says it drives. Maybe 9-11k to repair and upgrade? Fun project. I would snag a local deal like that for me and my boys to build. Obvious this is not for everyone since this one is starting to rust on the hood damage.

it looks like someone else did not like chrome on a wagon neither!

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi