OPT7 lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are the best OEM fog lights I've ever seen...

Not me....to each their own I guess.

Actually, the best I've seen so far are in my wife's 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE minivan.

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Not me....to each their own I guess.

Actually, the best I've seen so far are in my wife's 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE minivan.
...on a Ram

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

ufokillerz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In form or function?

form is subjective. But i do like the looks of it
They are very functional, and beam pattern is great. Easily comparable to led fogs from makers like JW Speaker, and Morimoto.

and most importantly they are oem.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
form is subjective. But i do like the looks of it
They are very functional, and beam pattern is great. Easily comparable to led fogs from makers like JW Speaker, and Morimoto.

and most importantly they are oem.
Fair enough...I have yet to see them in use. I've only ever seen one Rebel in person and it was parked...

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You do not need to wire them. There are two sets of wires that need to be connected. Just look at which one you don't want and do not add them to the wire connection: no dot led's lit. You will see when you get them and just how simple it is to do this.
I was nervous about it and watched the YouTube tutorials and didn't need to. Just have a workbench or stand so you can rest the headlight while you do the minor connections.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You do not need to wire them. There are two sets of wires that need to be connected. Just look at which one you don't want and do not add them to the wire connection: no dot led's lit. You will see when you get them and just how simple it is to do this.
I was nervous about it and watched the YouTube tutorials and didn't need to. Just have a workbench or stand so you can rest the headlight while you do the minor connections.
Thanks, I'm sure I'll manage. I remember many years ago, approx 2001 perhaps. I was one of the first if not the first of folks on our vehicle forum that installed aftermarket HID light system into existing projector lamps. Took me like 8 hours,at the time I smoke and drank every few mins taking breaks. LOL.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

DohCanadian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm interested, they actually look like they have decent output compared to the other LED headlights everyone is trying to put out. And price wise seem better then HID.

Does anyone know the full bulb list for a 2013 Ram with projectors? The low beam number I got (9012) doesn't seem to be on the Opt7 website.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm interested, they actually look like they have decent output compared to the other LED headlights everyone is trying to put out. And price wise seem better then HID.

Does anyone know the full bulb list for a 2013 Ram with projectors? The low beam number I got (9012) doesn't seem to be on the Opt7 website.
Here you go...

http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?t=8964

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have quads, but that's the list I used.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Any experience with them in snow or heavy rain? Im interested in these but worried about glare when driving during snow storm, my light bar would reflect so much i could hardly see

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So my high's and low's are both H13/9008's? For the projector style.

You should know that if you have the projector headlights, the Opt7 (with arc technology) will not fit behind the dust cap. I tried.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Any experience with them in snow or heavy rain? Im interested in these but worried about glare when driving during snow storm, my light bar would reflect so much i could hardly see
Heavy rain only. They really make the lines glow.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The reflection from the rain itself isnt bad?
Not that I was aware of. I was able to see the road much better. Snow may be a different story, but I have yet to have that condition to test them in.

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should know that if you have the projector headlights, the Opt7 (with arc technology) will not fit behind the dust cap. I tried.

Do hid's fit behind your dust caps? I guess I would look at it as with either you will have to drill the dust cap.
I just left home cheapo and went to their plumbing isle. Have you thought about getting or fabricating a new dust cover from either pvc or rubber?
I grabbed some different size end caps to see how they would work so we can keep our dust caps in tact and use one made for hid's or led's.
I'll post back on my success so others can do it.

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

In heavy rain I was able to see better than with halogens. I have to wear glasses for night driving and typically the rain was my most difficult time but when I switched to the opt7's there wasn't the road glare. I attribute the lack of road glare due to arc technology and that they actually do give off that much light.