OPT7 lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes opt7 makes the h1 bulb and I am running it in my Spyders. You will have to modify your dust cover to accommodate the much bigger back

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Very impressed with the packaging. I received mine today in the mail.

Do I have to use one of the supplied pig tails?

I won't get around to do it until probably after christmas.
Yeah, you will need to use one of the pigtails for quads...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Did my Opt7 Install today. They look great, except I have a little problem. I adjusted the lamps so that they are completely even against a wall. But when I'm driving, as you can see in the pics, it looks like the right lamp needs to come up a good ways. But when I bring it up, it's wayyyyy off. When you look at the lights, the passenger side is brighter than the other. Love the lights, just trying to figure out what's wrong with the alignment:

Before:
picture.php

After:
picture.php

Parked - Low beams w/ fog:
picture.php

Parked - High Beams:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Driving - Low Beams w/ fog:
picture.php

Driving - High Beams:
picture.php

I can tell you that I have smoked lens covers on the fog lamps and you don't even notice if they are on or off at all. They are H10 CREE bulbs. Let me know what you guys think as well as what to make of the offsetting beam direction.

Adam

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
For your mis-alignment, are you sure you seated the bulbs properly when you twisted them in? Did you ensure that both are installed exactly the same? Some bulbs will let you line them up 3 different ways for a "universal fit" but I can see this causing different light patterns on LED bulbs with a diode on two sides.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
...or your drivers side has one of the two diodes out/not working. Your passenger side looks good.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
...in other words if you flip flop the bulbs, I'm guessing your problem will flip flop too...I'm done now.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
For your mis-alignment, are you sure you seated the bulbs properly when you twisted them in? Did you ensure that both are installed exactly the same? Some bulbs will let you line them up 3 different ways for a "universal fit" but I can see this causing different light patterns on LED bulbs with a diode on two sides.

...or your drivers side has one of the two diodes out/not working. Your passenger side looks good.

...in other words if you flip flop the bulbs, I'm guessing your problem will flip flop too...I'm done now.

Yea, I follow you. I made sure I installed them exactly the same. It's so hard to look directly at these to see if I have a diode out or not. I will look into it more tomorrow since I have the day off. :)

Adam

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yea, I follow you. I made sure I installed them exactly the same. It's so hard to look directly at these to see if I have a diode out or not. I will look into it more tomorrow since I have the day off. :)

Adam
Much easier with the bulb out of the housing and turned on...

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Much easier with the bulb out of the housing and turned on..

Good call. I'm wondering if I put them in incorrectly.... Because that light (driver's side) was pretty difficult to twist and seal.... now beginning to wonder if I put it in wrong or not. I'll look into that tomorrow. Thanks for the help! I'll let you know what happens tomorrow.

Adam

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Good call. I'm wondering if I put them in incorrectly.... Because that light (driver's side) was pretty difficult to twist and seal.... now beginning to wonder if I put it in wrong or not. I'll look into that tomorrow. Thanks for the help! I'll let you know what happens tomorrow.

Adam
Been there, broke the twist tabs too. If it's not a diode, it's the position of the bulb in the housing, but the more I look at it the more I think one of your bulbs is faulty.

When you do this, go ahead and swap the bulbs to rule out the housing itself (if the problem isn't obvious on inspection).

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Been there, broke the twist tabs too. If it's not a diode, it's the position of the bulb in the housing, but the more I look at it the more I think one of your bulbs is faulty.

When you do this, go ahead and swap the bulbs to rule out the housing itself (if the problem isn't obvious on inspection).

Will do. I've gotta get tires put on my car today so I'm going to tear into it after I get that done.

Adam

UPDATE:

Pulled the headlight out and all the diodes lit up perfectly, so I think it's an angle issue. I'll play with that over the next several days and see what I come up with.

Adam

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just installed mine this after noon. And like someone said before, I noticed the light on the drivers side looked different. Upon closer inspection, when I twisted the light in I did not pay attention to the orientation of the diode so it was going sideways. Took the bulb out, made it so it was straight across, and fixed the funny look. That was during the daytime I noticed that. have to wait a little to aim better.

I also just used the straight wire adapter on mine and not the one with the big pack in the middle. Hopefully that was right. They both work and no errors.

RamRMK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed mine today as well and used the same adapter. Still light out but did not notice any angle issues. Installed the fogs as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just installed mine this after noon. And like someone said before, I noticed the light on the drivers side looked different. Upon closer inspection, when I twisted the light in I did not pay attention to the orientation of the diode so it was going sideways. Took the bulb out, made it so it was straight across, and fixed the funny look. That was during the daytime I noticed that. have to wait a little to aim better.

I also just used the straight wire adapter on mine and not the one with the big pack in the middle. Hopefully that was right. They both work and no errors.

Yea I was the one with the problem. I looked it over today and both were installed correctly. The only thing I notice is that the drivers side was angled a little more than the passenger, so I tried to correct it and we will see tonight. All the diodes worked perfectly.

Adam

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Interesting, I could have swore I only had one option for the harness to connect to. The "big pack" was hard wired into my bulbs and it came with to adapters only one of which plugged in correctly.

OP
OP
D

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah I had a polarity reverser I guess they call it and a capacitor one. I only needed the reverser.

Also, if I already have a resistor plugged in to my LED tails, would I need one if I swapped my front LED turn signals? My thinking is it already has a load from the back resistor. Is this bad thinking?

RamRMK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just noticed my drivers bulb has a subtle flicker looks like I need the flux capacitors? Wondering why they don't send them with the kit in the first place...[emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk