Options for replacing OEM heated steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djtomy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need to replace my heated steering wheel. Mine is pretty badly town up, (bought the truck like that)

I did replace it with a non heated steering wheel, but now my drivers seat heater isn't holding on for more than a minute (not working properly) probably due to the lost connection in the heated wheel.
So my questions are this:

1. What years should i look for in a leather heated wheel? I know 09-12 should be an exact swap, but are there other years I can use? 13-19?
2. Is there a good company to send this OLD ONE to, and have it recovered?
3. buy new or used, Ebay?

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0862.jpgIMG_9177.jpg

Last edited:

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
car-part.com
get a good oem used one. ebay would also work

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree, that's probably my best option... do you know if the later 4th gen wheels work? 13-19
I have no clue.
Unless you find someone who had interchanged them, I don't even know how to guess as the interchange books probably won't show it due to so many different possibilities - from design, to plugs, to air bags, to clock spring, etc.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
I agree, that's probably my best option... do you know if the later 4th gen wheels work? 13-19

No - changing just the wheel will not work, but I have heard a rumor that a complete column out of a 2012 with the newer wheel is a direct swap. Might want to explore that

OP
OP
djtomy

djtomy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
"No - changing just the wheel will not work, but I have heard a rumor that a complete column out of a 2012 with the newer wheel is a direct swap. Might want to explore that"

You're right! after lots of research.. So, I just picked up a used OEM 2011 Leather/Heated wheel in really nice condition off ebay, its black not brown but its fine,, its kinda cool the two tone with the brown airbag.. the heat works great too! Thanks', now I gotta figure out why my heated seats arent working..

IMG_1054.jpg

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I have the same interior in my 18 Laramie with the heated wheel. The stock leather is glossy and doesn’t feel great in the hand anymore.

I have used this company called redline In the past and they offer different materials
To recover stock wheels and shifter boots
Etc. I picked one up for a corvette but haven’t redone it yet. I would check to see if they offer the ram as an option. They provide pre cut and semi stitched with the thread and needle for you to bang it out in a day or so. Plus you could do custom colors and things like alacantra. I’m just waiting for mine to get worse before attempting as it’s my daily.