Order Delivery Time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Torpedo769

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Last I read they will not start builds on the 23 until all of the ordered 22 are completed.. Depending on what options you added to the truck, based on what I have read and past build times do to lack of parts you may not see that truck for another six to ten months...
That's insane! I ordered the Limited so I am sure it will be a longer wait. I am thinking I might as well cancel the order in 6-7 months and order a 2024. At some point I would hope they would get back on a normal production cycle and start releasing them in the Fall again. Can I ask you where you read this info sounds like an informative source.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
If you search you will find out some members on this forum who have been waiting 8+ months to get there trucks, slow supply chain is one of the biggest reason for delays are certain parts come from China and they have been slowing production with the many shut downs over the last 2 years along with very slow shipping out of MX do to train delivery BS as they don't want to hire back works they laid off due to the Wuhan Virus...

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
They started making 2023 Ram 1500s DTs the day after Thanksgiving

Several members Ram's have left the Assembly Line & are either at the Body Vendor or recently left to get in line for a train ride

You could have told your dealership that you wanted to sign up for status reports

You can still find out what is happening by going to this site

Last edited:

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
They started making 2023 Ram 1500s DTs the day after Thanksgiving

Several members Ram's have left the Assembly Line & are either at the Body Vendor or recently left to get in line for a train ride
The 1500's have been pretty well caught up for a while. But this poster is asking about 23 2500's. You would think all the 22's that are still on order would be delivered before the 23's start showing up, but who knows in this crazy world we are dealing with these days.

Last edited:

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That's insane! I ordered the Limited so I am sure it will be a longer wait. I am thinking I might as well cancel the order in 6-7 months and order a 2024. At some point I would hope they would get back on a normal production cycle and start releasing them in the Fall again. Can I ask you where you read this info sounds like an informative source.
Yeah, the HD's are way behind. Some folks have waited close to year for an ordered truck. The why one truck waits and another similar one does not is mystery. My very loaded up 22 Ltd Longhorn took 6 months from order to pickup, and I felt very lucky about it, given what many have been or are going through.

The 24's will not be out in 6-7 months. Maybe in a year, if things catch up. Bottom line is if you order an HD right now, you better be patient.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Ram has several Trucks in storage, they are incomplete

I would assume that some need parts that require Semiconductors, while others are waiting on parts that are made overseas

2023 Ram Classics planned production schedule, as of the Last Updated: 8/23/22
( which we all know was incorrect as far as the 2023 Ram 1500 DT went )

according to when this was published, everything except the 2023 Regular Cab is already in production, they should start production on January 3rd

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Ordered mine 1/31/22. Was built 6/14/22. Finally showed up to the dealer 12/4/22 but had a stop sale on it due to the recall.
Well believe it or not it got worse! Dealer called me the day after Christmas & said they had the part to fix the recall (just a latch on the dipstick tube). Said they are getting 2 a week. Sounds just like the fuel pump saga. Anyway, he said since mine has been waiting the longest I had first pick. So I said yes lets move forward. I get to the dealer & they have created a completely different deal. Charging me more for the new truck & giving me less for mine. I stated, you guys said the deal would stay the same, but the interest rate might change. He said yeah that's what we said, but we had no idea it was going to take this long. We just can't take a hit like that, we have to pass that along to the customer. I said I already am taking a huge hit cause the interest has gone up 5% since ordering, but I am still holding up my end of the deal. They wouldn't move so I walked out on the deal. I am going to tell my story to anybody that will listen. Local media, social media, BBB.
By the way the dealer is Performance Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram of Centerville.

Last edited:

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Ordered mine 1/31/22. Was built 6/14/22. Finally showed up to the dealer 12/4/22 but had a stop sale on it due to the recall.
Well believe it or not it got worse! Dealer called me the day after Christmas & said they had the part to fix the recall (just a latch on the dipstick tube). Said they are getting 2 a week. Sounds just like the fuel pump saga. Anyway, he said since mine has been waiting the longest I had first pick. So I said yes lets move forward. I get to the dealer & they have created a completely different deal. Charging me more for the new truck & giving me less for mine. I stated, you guys said the deal would stay the same, but the interest rate might change. He said yeah that's what we said, but we had no idea it was going to take this long. We just can't take a hit like that, we have to pass that along to the customer. I said I already am taking a huge hit cause the interest has gone up 5% since ordering, but I am still holding up my end of the deal. They wouldn't move so I walked out on the deal. I am going to tell my story to anybody that will listen. Local media, social media, BBB.

Sorry to hear this... It sounds like they have some sucker that wants your truck, so either you pony up extra $$$ or they will sell the truck to another person who is willing to buy it at what ever price they put on it...

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Wow, that really sucks. Sorry to hear about the way it went down for you. Do you have any documents showing they agreed to lock the purchase price of the truck?

Cavemann

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Wanted to share an update for anyone interested. Ordered PW Level 2 on 1/20. It was scheduled on 1/24. Went into production on 2/4. Completed vehicle build on 2/7. Passed inspection today 2/8. Preparing for shipping with eta to dealership on 3/5.