Ordering 2019?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nukeman90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tried to order a limited today without e_
-torque and dealer was not able to. Dealer not sure when Ram will open window back up. Anyone know when next ordering window will open to order Limited w\out e-torque?

Ryelinek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Its been like that for a little over a month now. I’ve seen a few people claim via sources that it will be this way for the rest of 2018 but who knows.

MarvinK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.8
-torque and dealer was not able to. Dealer not sure when Ram will open window back up. Anyone know when next ordering window will open to order Limited w\out e-torque?

Dave Smith motors had numerous Limited on the lot. Bought one on Saturday.

OP
OP
N

nukeman90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately I cannot find an existing one on any lot with the exact options/color I want. I don't want to settle for something when I am spending $60k on a truck. I wish Ram would just not let you select the 5.7l hemi w/out e-torque when you build on their website, and when it is available again to order, open that selection back up. This way I won't have to keep checking with the dealers. Unless there is another way to find out? I hope this truck will be worth my wait. I have been a loyal Toyota fan for the last 18yrs with zero complaints, except gas mileage and Toyota is severely needing to update their Tundra.

MarvinK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.8
I hear ya. I found almost exactly what I wanted at Dave Smith. The only thing I ended up settling on was a short bed, but I will appreciate it in a parking garage or other tight spots.

So glad I went up to look at the Maximum Steel color and interiors in person. Changed my mind from what I thought I wanted.

Last edited:

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hear yeah. I found almost exactly what I wanted at Dave Smith. The only thing I ended up settling on was a short bed, but I will appreciate it in a parking garage or other tight spots.

So glad I went up to look at the Maximum Steel color and interiors in person. Changed my mind from what I thought I wanted.

What did you originally want?

MarvinK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.8
I planned to get a Laramie in patriot blue or silver. I ended up loving the lack of beige interior highlights on the limited, was surprised how much I liked the panoramic sunroof, and the paint color. I settled for the short bed and didn’t really want the 12” screen, but am very happy with the overall truck.

The truck I got was the Kentucky Derby Edition. I don’t do anything with horses or horse racing, so I immediately removed the stickers.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I planned to get a Laramie in patriot blue or silver. I ended up loving the lack of beige interior highlights on the limited, was surprised how much I liked the panoramic sunroof, and the paint color. I settled for the short bed and didn’t really want the 12” screen, but am very happy with the overall truck.

The truck I got was the Kentucky Derby Edition. I don’t do anything with horses or horse racing, so I immediately removed the stickers.

Yeah I really like the looks of the brown interior on the longhorns but have yet to actually see one in person, same with the blue/white interior. I also wasnt crazy about the color of my current truck at first but now I love it, congrats on your 19!

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

I've been trying to order a 2019, Laramie, Quad, RamBox, 12" screen, since forever and have not been able to.

The crux of my problem is the combo of:

12" screen (and ventilated seats)
+
Quad
+
RamBox

Seems I can't get a 12" screen nor ventilated seats unless I go Laramie or higher. But I want to go cheap as can (don't want/need Limited, Tungsten), so okay I settle on Laramie.

Don't want/need a full Crew (or Mega, or whatever it is this generation) so I insist on Quad. So now I've arrived at Laramie Quad.

The problem is the quad is only a 6' bed but RamBox right now - and for the foreseeable future - is only making inserts for the 5' bed.

So, I can sacrifice what I want either :

Pay for more cab than I want;
Give up the RamBox;
Give up the 12" and vent seat and go Big Horn.

Not great choices considering what the heck they're asking for these darn trucks and that I'm waiting for a factory build.

Seems like their production is completely screwed up. (Insert commentary about "European style systems management", or "FCA parallels to Airbus mismanagement" here).

No one can tell me when they will produce the combo I want (also, 5.7 WITHOUT e-crap torque).
I'm not too surprised tho.... went through similar a few years back when ordering my wife's JK Wrangler, and I learned so much more current, pertinent information in forums that it was ME who was educating dealers folk about what was available and what was not when it came to ordering. FCA shoulda paid me a consulting fee or dealer training fee.

So now that the forum is discussing production, does anyone know when the RamBox will be coming out in 6' beds?
More exactly: when will FCA be sticking said 6' RamBox into Laramie (as opposed to Big Horns and Limiteds) ????

OP
OP
N

nukeman90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram has reopened the window to order a Limited w/out the e-torque engine. Unfortunately I can't find anyone to get me a better deal than invoice. Can get a much better discount on the ones they have on the lot. Just can't find exactly what I want yet.

Jay Carr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been trying to order a 2019, Laramie, Quad, RamBox, 12" screen, since forever and have not been able to.

The crux of my problem is the combo of:

12" screen (and ventilated seats)
+
Quad
+
RamBox

Seems I can't get a 12" screen nor ventilated seats unless I go Laramie or higher. But I want to go cheap as can (don't want/need Limited, Tungsten), so okay I settle on Laramie.

Don't want/need a full Crew (or Mega, or whatever it is this generation) so I insist on Quad. So now I've arrived at Laramie Quad.

The problem is the quad is only a 6' bed but RamBox right now - and for the foreseeable future - is only making inserts for the 5' bed.

So, I can sacrifice what I want either :

Pay for more cab than I want;
Give up the RamBox;
Give up the 12" and vent seat and go Big Horn.

Not great choices considering what the heck they're asking for these darn trucks and that I'm waiting for a factory build.

Seems like their production is completely screwed up. (Insert commentary about "European style systems management", or "FCA parallels to Airbus mismanagement" here).

No one can tell me when they will produce the combo I want (also, 5.7 WITHOUT e-crap torque).
I'm not too surprised tho.... went through similar a few years back when ordering my wife's JK Wrangler, and I learned so much more current, pertinent information in forums that it was ME who was educating dealers folk about what was available and what was not when it came to ordering. FCA shoulda paid me a consulting fee or dealer training fee.

So now that the forum is discussing production, does anyone know when the RamBox will be coming out in 6' beds?
More exactly: when will FCA be sticking said 6' RamBox into Laramie (as opposed to Big Horns and Limiteds) ????

just the price you have to pay for being so damn picky haha

I'd say pony-up and pay for the crew cab OR say bye to the large screen. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Jay Carr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well well well... here I am eating my own words...

granted it's not as bad as kukailimoku who couldn't get the website builder to work. My problem is what is possible to build online isn't anywhere to be found on cars.com, autotrader.com, etc.

Anyone have a dealership they recommend within 500 ish miles (give or take) of the southeast? I'm willing to go as far west as Dallas, as far north as Illinois, and as far North as NY for a good deal on someone who has been able to have a good experience factory ordering a truck.

List away peeps!

p.s. my local problem is that I live smack dab in the middle of truck country and since these things are selling like hotcakes, the salesmen don't seem to be too interested in sitting down and talking numbers on a factory order when their stuff on the lot is selling fine