OTA Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Keep us updated! I haven't started mine in two days, maybe it will be there tomorrow.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
I am curious how these updates are working. There doesn’t seem to be anything posted about software versions or what’s included in each version. I popped my VIN in on the UConnect site and it says there is no update available. But mine is also sitting at the dealership presumably with a still blank screen.

https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

Would you be able post what your software version is after the update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
demetriew

demetriew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I called uconnect and they didn't seem to know anything. They put me on hold to check and never came back.

I will play with it tonight to see whats new.

20180726_080254.jpg

20180726_080305.jpg

20180726_081032.jpg

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am hoping it fixes the Sirius channel 1 issue. Not a big deal but a bit annoying.

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got mine installed and immediately the Cell call audio was drastically improved. I do not know what else will be improved yet. but that was critical to me.

Mike Ruocco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I drove mine today after the update and the only thing I think I notice is the black screen when you start up on Sirius seems to be fixed. Otherwise, all the other issues are still there and it wiped out my XM Presets.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HK volume seems better. I am missing XM ch 1 & 3... a refresh didn't help. I also cannot log back into my listener profile.

Kevin1022

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Is this OTA update only happening with the 12” screen? I haven’t seen one yet for my Laramie without the 12” screen.

MarvinK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.8
Well I called uconnect and they didn't seem to know anything. They put me on hold to check and never came back.

They were worthless for me, too. Not sure why they wouldn’t even recommend to try that!!?! UConnect Assist suggested contacting the dealer to see if they have a service bulletin.

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My truck came back from the dealer, this week. The software had been updated in the screen. It is better but there are still issues. It seems to navigate screens better and the phone audio is much much better. I had it blackout once and I hit the center of the volume and tune buttons at the same time and held it for a couple seconds, then turned it back on. This seemed to reboot it, and it worked well the rest of the trip.

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Received my update last night. Volume is much better.
Only thing I noticed so far.

Side note: I’m still having an old issue from a week ago. Whenever I power off and on I have to reset my home screen to the desired option as far as climate, media etc. started doing this about a week ago and was hoping the update would fix. Apparently not.

Fwiw. My truck usually sits in the garage m-f so I parked it outside last night to get a sat signal for the update.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Received my update last night. Volume is much better.
Only thing I noticed so far.

Side note: I’m still having an old issue from a week ago. Whenever I power off and on I have to reset my home screen to the desired option as far as climate, media etc. started doing this about a week ago and was hoping the update would fix. Apparently not.

Fwiw. My truck usually sits in the garage m-f so I parked it outside last night to get a sat signal for the update.

Mine did this for a day then stopped. Like it finally learned. Looks like Sirius Ch1 issue is fixed for me as well too. BT calling is better as well. Took a day or two, but the update seemed to do a decent job.

MarvinK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.8
Hahah. Today I got junk mail from mopar.com titled "What's New in your over-the-air software update?" It makes absolutely NO effort to actually say what is new, but it does tout that you can find out on your screen, and you can find out by calling Assist.

It's bad enough that the What's New nag comes up on your screen and provides no worthwhile information.
...it's worse that they say you have to call Assist to find out more.
...worse yet, you call Assist and they have no idea.
...and now the bulk mail is just absurd.

WTF are they thinking!?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hahah. Today I got junk mail from mopar.com titled "What's New in your over-the-air software update?" It makes absolutely NO effort to actually say what is new, but it does tout that you can find out on your screen, and you can find out by calling Assist.

It's bad enough that the What's New nag comes up on your screen and provides no worthwhile information.
...it's worse that they say you have to call Assist to find out more.
...worse yet, you call Assist and they have no idea.
...and now the bulk mail is just absurd.

WTF are they thinking!?

The assistant is the most worthless thing. Maybe we can reprogram the button to do something cool.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Did you have to accept the update or otherwise acknowledge in anyway with the buttons on the screen?

Reason I ask is because my truck has been at the dealership since July 17th waiting for a swap of the UConnect system. They said they couldn’t flash it as a troubleshooting step because the screen was blank so they couldn’t accept it.

I received the “What’s New in your OTA Software update” on Aug 1st an am curious if it was auto updated an maybe the screen magically works now and no one has checked it.

MarvinK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.8
I don’t remember the exact steps, but I did manually select to upgrade the version. I don’t know if it would have eventually forced it without interaction. I doubt it would have been this soon that they forced it, though.

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t remember the exact steps, but I did manually select to upgrade the version. I don’t know if it would have eventually forced it without interaction. I doubt it would have been this soon that they forced it, though.
I just left mine outside the garage and it prompted me to install the update. I had to leave the truck in run mode and left it idling to preserve the battery. It then installed and rebooted

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk