OTG USB adapter cable to back of UAS/UAQ radio for testing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have an 8.4" Uconnect UAS radio I plan to swap out from my current 8.4" RA4 unit. I'm waiting on some wiring harnesses and a media hub. Before I receive these, I was thinking about hooking up the radio to make sure it works ok.

Since I don't have a media hub to connect to, I was wondering if I could use an OTC cable plugged into the back of the radio and then connect my iPhone cable to it, to see if Apple Carplay would work.

I'd use an OTG adapter like this:

USB Host Cable mini B male to USB A female OTG by Atomic Market
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JK1OFOM

Has anyone tried this?
Anyone see any issues or if this would/wouldn't work?

back_usb.jpg
(Mini USB B port)

Last edited:

NJCummins67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
It's been 5 years since I had that truck. Sorry but I don't recall. I used the RAX jailbreak harness from customtronix.com

mayuan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been looking for the answer on that one to. Technically, it should work like a USB. The RA4 apparently will work when wired like that.

I'm looking to move the Android Auto plug closer to the radio and just want to use an aftermarket USB port.

mayuan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So nobody has tested to see if a cable will work? Has anyone tried the URAM board replacement?

mayuan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Reading the forum, I came across someone that said that the original 4th gen USB ports will work with the new radio(UAQ & UAS). The only caveat is that the Android Auto works and Apple car play will not work.