OUR 9.25" FRONT DIFF ( OPEN OR LIMITED SLIP)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
MY 2016 3500 SRW has the newer version of the 9.25" front diff. I assume it is an open diff up front but not sure.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
All factory front differentials are open.
We actually have 3-wheel drives instead of 4, but then you could have open differential on the rear so you actually have 2-wheel drive.

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
All factory front differentials are open.
We actually have 3-wheel drives instead of 4, but then you could have open differential on the rear so you actually have 2-wheel drive.

Mt rear is the AAM limited slip (anit-spin. It actually works well IMO. Can do 2 wheel burnouts every time. Considering putting same thing in the front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Unless you have a power wagon, which has the e-locker front and rear it's an open diff. Limited slip on the front negatively effects steering as does a locker on the front, but with the e-locker or air locker you only enable it on the rare occasion you need it and the factory E-lockers specifically disengage over a certain speed making it open again.

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Unless you have a power wagon, which has the e-locker front and rear it's an open diff. Limited slip on the front negatively effects steering as does a locker on the front, but with the e-locker or air locker you only enable it on the rare occasion you need it and the factory E-lockers specifically disengage over a certain speed making it open again.

The rear is a limited slip. It the sam as a Detroit or eaton truetrac. Its a worm gear design

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The rear is a limited slip. It the sam as a Detroit or eaton truetrac. Its a worm gear design

Yes I understand the rear is limited slip if you have that option, which to me is worth having. The only rams that don't have open front diffs are power wagon, which have an e-locker that kicks out over a certain speed making it open again. It also has an e-locker in the back instead of the limited slip that functions in a similar fashion to the one up front.

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
3 wheel drive? I've never heard of that.

His point is it’s never truly all four wheels getting power at the same time. Yes all four wheels will get power but never all four together.