Out with the old, in with the new....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tenacvols

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
So my first Ram truck was a 2018 Night Edition. After having it for 2 years, I decided that I really liked the new look of the 5th generation as well as some of the new features. I was on the fence about getting another Night ( I don’t like Chrome) or the Limited. In the end, you can’t get the second row ventilated seats in the Night edition so that’s what swayed my decision. I’ve found a local shop that’s going to powder coat my rims two tone (black and body color), as well as remove all of the chrome on the vehicle. I’m also getting the brake pads powder coated Red. I’ll post up pictures when it’s done. I will say that the air ride on this truck is awesome. However, the MPG’s isn’t what I expected. Did a 250 mile highway drive and got an average of 15.5. That was averaging about 80 MPH and RPM was running around 2200. However, that ride was amazing. I’m undecided if I’m going to place a Borla ATAK exhaust on her or not. I had the S-Type on my 2018 and just loved it.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^^^^^^^^^^ congrats ON NICE LOOKING NEW RIDE.....

hellcat15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
..congrats..sharp looking ride..

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Congrats on the new truck

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Nice to be so very rich as to have money to burn. I keep my cars and trucks more than 10 years so I am not endlessly making payments to the banksters but to each his own.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my first Ram truck was a 2018 Night Edition. After having it for 2 years, I decided that I really liked the new look of the 5th generation as well as some of the new features. I was on the fence about getting another Night ( I don’t like Chrome) or the Limited. In the end, you can’t get the second row ventilated seats in the Night edition so that’s what swayed my decision. I’ve found a local shop that’s going to powder coat my rims two tone (black and body color), as well as remove all of the chrome on the vehicle. I’m also getting the brake pads powder coated Red. I’ll post up pictures when it’s done. I will say that the air ride on this truck is awesome. However, the MPG’s isn’t what I expected. Did a 250 mile highway drive and got an average of 15.5. That was averaging about 80 MPH and RPM was running around 2200. However, that ride was amazing. I’m undecided if I’m going to place a Borla ATAK exhaust on her or not. I had the S-Type on my 2018 and just loved it.
I'd give the engine some time to break in before worrying about the mileage too much, say up to 10K miles. That being said I have a 2 wheel drive 2017 Laramie with the Hemi/8spd auto/3.92s and pretty much average around 16 around town and mid 18s on the highway at those speeds on summer fuel so you can probably expect similar later on since there's not really that much difference between 4th and 5th gens underneath the sheetmetal I bet. Nice looking ride though, I wouldn't change a thing!

OP
OP
Tenacvols

Tenacvols

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Nice to be so very rich as to have money to burn. I keep my cars and trucks more than 10 years so I am not endlessly making payments to the banksters but to each his own.

I prefer to lease my vehicles, that works for me. But you are correct, to each their own....

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very sharp truck but way too rich more my blood. Leasing only makes sense here if you can write it off or if you're loaded and want to be in newer vehicles every few years.

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't tell if this was a dig at the original poster for doing something you find stupid, or a compliment to his tremendous earning power :rotflmao: - however, if it is truly "to each his own", why bring it up in the first place? I went back and read the post and unless I'm blind I didn't see him asking anyone "Do you think this was a smart financial decision?"

OP: nice truck :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio