Overhead Console Installation/ problem with missing wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brandonll25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Ok so I have installed my overhead console by splicing the wires from the green connector that was already in my truck.

First I hooked up my homelink module with the ground and constant power from the connector.

IMG_2391.jpg

but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to wire the white/green wire into the linebus. :suicide: i have been looking for wiring diagrams to wire it directly into the computer or somewhere that will make it work.

View attachment 28354

I wired in all the connectors to the console.

Completed Wiring Better View.jpg

Top is MapLight Connector then LED Light, Window Switch i dont have a motorized window but i got it with it so i just wired up the light to the switch, then the last thing is the HomeLink connector.

This is what it looks like when i get done. the only thing i cant get to work is the Garage door opener. I think it might be bad. But not sure. If there is something I am missing please advise.

Installed with Lights On.jpg

thanks in advance for anyone's help. :grd:

Attachments

• IMG_2392.jpg
    IMG_2392.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 439
  • Connected Door Opener and HomeLink.jpg
    Connected Door Opener and HomeLink.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,555

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am just guessing here but, that white/green wire may have to go to the module that sends/receives the signal that locks/unlocks the doors. RF module?

If that is the case it may have to be flashed by the dealer in order to operate.

I haven't seen any links to wire diagrams here personally so you may want to try a search for them.

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Lin bus

Hey man, Lin bus wire is in green connecto behind headlight switch. Slot number 15, second to last wire terminal lookin at it with clip at top. This is for 2012 & earlier I believe. I believe 2013 is different color wires.

OP
OP
B

brandonll25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys for the advise, i will try the wire behind the headlight switch, as for the signal that receives/sends signal to the door lock/unlock I don't know about that one. :think: I say this because if you have a wire that sends and receives then it would be a bad idea to splice into that due to the fact that it will disrupt the input/output data signal to the computer confusing it with a different data signature. but if you can elaborate what you mean then that would be great.:headbang:

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Homelink

Hey bud, forgot to tell u. Earlier years were easier to add option codes to vin. In 2012 chrysler made it harder to add certain options tht didn't come from factory. Ex. I have 2012 express with limited options, was able to add Oem remote start/ power door locks but not able to ad homelink or upgrade to leather steering wheel with radio/ GPS buttons. Until I did a lot research, heard Jon Rodriguez at afterhoursmopar.com in Florida could add option codes dealership could not do. Contacted him & verified he can add options but I would have to send TIPM (CPU brain) to him. Not sure he can do this to 2013 but u should contact him & ask. Hope this helps

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A can bus is a highway that carries many different vehicles (signals). The computer interprets the signals and sends them to the appropriate area to be used. Just thought that the garage opener signal might be sent to the unit for the keyless locks. One unit can do multiple tasks. It was just a guess on my part that I thought may help.

OP
OP
B

brandonll25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Ramzaq that sounds like a good idea. Ill give it a shot. Ill let ya know if it goes in good. thanks for the help.

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why in the hell would something so innately simple like a RF transmitter.. have to go through the canbus??

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Canbus

Why in the hell would something so innately simple like a RF transmitter.. have to go through the canbus??

U dnt want some1 to break into ur ram than have access to ur home if circumstnces arise

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
U dnt want some1 to break into ur ram than have access to ur home if circumstnces arise

You're right, how the hell did I ever make it out of the 70's-80's and 90's with that clicker sitting on my visor?

:D

OP
OP
B

brandonll25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i just found out that it goes into the BCM(Body Control Module). Apparently that controls most of the cabin. Here is the wiring for Connector C7. So i guess the question now is will i still have to get it flashed or not. Cause I was told that the 2013 already has the homelink function programmed just needs to be wired but I'm not holding my breath on that.

6......D402........OR/VT...22....LIN BUS CBC 2
7......D401........OR.........22....LIN BUS 1
11....Z65..........BK/YL.....20....GROUND
12....T5............DG/YL.....18....AUTOSTICK UPSHIFT SIGNAL
13....M27.........YL/LB......18....READING LAMPS DRIVER
14....M11.........YL/VT.......20....COURTESY LAMPS DRIVER
16....L915........TN............20....CARGO LAMP SWITCH SIGNAL
17....L900........WT/YL......18....HEADLAMP SWITCH MUX RETURN
18....G77..........VT/GY.......20....LEFT REAR DOOR AJAR SWITCH SENSE
19....E2............OR/BR.......20....PANEL LAMPS DRIVER
20....L307........WT/BR.......18....HEADLAMP SWITCH MUX
21....L91..........WT/DB.......20....HAZARD SWITCH SENSE
22....G84..........VT/GY.........20

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
i just found out that it goes into the BCM(Body Control Module). Apparently that controls most of the cabin. Here is the wiring for Connector C7. So i guess the question now is will i still have to get it flashed or not. Cause I was told that the 2013 already has the homelink function programmed just needs to be wired but I'm not holding my breath on that.

6......D402........OR/VT...22....LIN BUS CBC 2
7......D401........OR.........22....LIN BUS 1
11....Z65..........BK/YL.....20....GROUND
12....T5............DG/YL.....18....AUTOSTICK UPSHIFT SIGNAL
13....M27.........YL/LB......18....READING LAMPS DRIVER
14....M11.........YL/VT.......20....COURTESY LAMPS DRIVER
16....L915........TN............20....CARGO LAMP SWITCH SIGNAL
17....L900........WT/YL......18....HEADLAMP SWITCH MUX RETURN
18....G77..........VT/GY.......20....LEFT REAR DOOR AJAR SWITCH SENSE
19....E2............OR/BR.......20....PANEL LAMPS DRIVER
20....L307........WT/BR.......18....HEADLAMP SWITCH MUX
21....L91..........WT/DB.......20....HAZARD SWITCH SENSE
22....G84..........VT/GY.........20

Who told u 2013 rams homelink function already turned on? If thts the case all u have to do is connect to limbus?

OP
OP
B

brandonll25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so I hooked up the third wire to the LIN BUS CBC 2 on the blue connector on the BCM, the BCM is under the steering wheel but you have to get in pretty deep as in its pretty much behind the headlight knob, but its too far back to reach from there so you have to get on the floor board and reach up to the BCM and the connector you need should be on the bottom left of the BCM module. Once you pull that connector off (to disconnect the connector you have to push a little button in the middle and the lever should go up and it will pull itself away from the socket.) you need to connect the cable you ran from the homelink connector to the Orange/ Violet wire. Once that is complete the Homelink should light up. It will only light up notifying you that it is connected correctly. However it will not operate till you go to any dodge dealership and ask to have the "HomeLink Universal Garage Door Opener sales code added to the vehicle options at the Dealer Connect web site. Then what they will do is upload the sales code to the computer and then they will reset the computer and once that is done the TIPM and BCM will be reset with that sales code and the computer will recognize the HomeLink module and will work after that. When you push the "I" and "III" buttons on the HomeLink at the same time you should get a status on the information center telling you that the HomeLink is "Clearing All Channels" once you see that your good. Good luck to anyone that is upgrading there 2009-2013 dodge ram 1500. I have a 2013 and it works for me but I cannot guarantee that this procedure will work for later or future models.

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That was some ordeal, glad everything came together for you.