Oversize and Knurled Ball joints Questions 2006 3500 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrunosGarage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After much reading ,, I took your advice and bought Carli Ball Joints for my 2006 3500 4x4 dually mega cab Cummins HO, (a nightmare of a truck ever since I bought it from a 'Friend'.. ) everything has broken or failed, but I digress...

Passenger lower joint failed, (pin sheared at big end of taper). So I bought new joints directly from Carli by phone. I installed rt side top and bottom. They seemed to easy to press into place. Then I read about "Oversized" and "Knurled" Joints. I also read posts saying Carli doesn't make oversized joints to replace the Knurled joints!!!

So anyone please help!
What are Knurled and Oversize Joints? How do I know if I have them?
I have stopped my repair at installing the joints. Afraid the are too small and will fail.

Thank You in advance,

Bruno

2006 3500 Mega Cab dually 4x4 Cummins HO (possessed truck)

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
So when you press in a knurled/splined joint it cuts the opening and makes the hole oversized. That and pressing in joints multiple times.

Check out EMF Ball Joints and watch their vids on youtube. They explain it. I'll be going with theirs.

Also check out my thread https://www.ramforum.com/threads/ball-joints.191783/ post number 3. I was where you are 3 weeks ago, except I found the info before buying anything.