Oxygen Sensor CEL codes P0132, P0135

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CamoX413

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys I'm narrowing down my issues with my truck but I'm having trouble determining the actual problem. I'm at my Wits end. I replaced both of my oxygen sensors with Bosch a few months ago. The truck has run like crap ever since. I thought it was the IAC but changing that along with the TPS and cleaning the Throttle body didn't solve my problem. it seemed to run better for a very short period of time then back to the same idling issues (wanting to die when slowing down and stopped at a light). I'm wondering if disconnecting the battery during these short part changes was causing it to run better for a short period of time and then back to the same routine once on the road and driving again.

I recently popped the P0135 code. So I pulled the upstream sensor and replaced it with the OEM NTK sensor last night. The truck ran AMAZING and my MPG were back up. This morning she started the same crap again and I pulled codes P0135 and P0132.

I have no idea what to do at this point and where to start but my MPG are terrible again and the intermittent wanting to die at idle is back.

Please help this is my DD and I need it fixed.

OP
OP
C

CamoX413

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check engine light has now turned itself off but still running terrible.

OP
OP
C

CamoX413

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's the codes in getting. My scanner won't clear them either.

I don't know if it's related or not by I'm having something wrong with my ABS too and intermittently the computer clears itself every few days.

Maybe this is all a PCM going bad?

Screenshot_20210210-000315.png

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You loosing any anti-freeze?Have you checked for vacuum leaks?
A/F going through the motor will contaminate the sensors.
O2 sensors can only help compensate so much for a vacuum leak or other issues and if the readings stay high or low then the code will set.Always start with the basics before throwing parts at it.As I've said before just because it sets an 02 code doesn't meen that the sensor itself is bad.

OP
OP
C

CamoX413

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You loosing any anti-freeze?Have you checked for vacuum leaks?
A/F going through the motor will contaminate the sensors.
O2 sensors can only help compensate so much for a vacuum leak or other issues and if the readings stay high or low then the code will set.Always start with the basics before throwing parts at it.As I've said before just because it sets an 02 code doesn't meen that the sensor itself is bad.

Yes I'm losing coolant for sure but my truck isn't smoking or anything. I've seen some dripping down the lower control arm but I can't visually see a leak. i figured water pump and haven't got around to changing/checking it yet. I also never see any coolant on the ground. I've filled it up multiple times and never seems to stay full but it never gets hot so I haven't worried too much yet.

I've sprayed carb cleaner around and visually checked for vacuum leaks but I can't find any other than the ones I've fixed.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
When I see codes with circuit problems, I think wiring. I would look at the wiring to the sensor and the plug that connects to the sensor. Check the harness for any cracks, sharp bends, missing insulation, etc. Also cleaning the contacts in the plug with something like DeoxIT. Lastly, try "tightening" the contacts in the plug. Over time, the contacts can spread out and not make good contact with the pins on the sensor. You may need to GENTLY bend the contacts so the grip the sensor pins more tightly.

Dan98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can test the sensor with multimeter right??take ohms test. How many sensor do you have? I think the chr5k is right about wires and if you dont plug them in all the way it will sometimes make connection and then lose it. Two codes same sensor???? Wires

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

CamoX413

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright guys I'm still fighting this issue. Just to rule out the sensor itself I had the part store order a brand new NTK sensor. Disconnected the battery, reset everything, and changed the sensor. 5 minutes into my drive she started bucking and trying to stall at lights.

Unplug it and it runs a heck of a lot better but gas mileage is killing me that way.

I've looked at the wiring on the harness and visually I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Wiring looks good. I'm not great with a multimeter but i have one. Is there a way to check the wiring on the harness side with my meter to rule that out?

This is killing me trying to figure this out. Going to try changing spark plugs today too since that's overdue.

I'm really not sure if my truck is running rich or not. I only smell gas occasionally when I'm operating the truck with the upstream unplugged but I'm sure that's normal for it to run rich with it disconnected.

iceman117

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I currently have nearly the exact same issue as CamoX413. I went through a bosch and an ntk sensor same issue. I feel your frustration... I can't figure it out.

iceman117

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
ended up getting a new PCM... that fixed the problem. I should have thought of that earlier

OP
OP
C

CamoX413

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ended up getting a new PCM... that fixed the problem. I should have thought of that earlier

I wondered the same thing to be honest. Where did you pick one up from? The O2 sensor issue went away completely?

OP
OP
C

CamoX413

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've noticed it runs much better with both sensors unplugged.

Is there a fuse for the oxygen sensors?