P-1456 - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Circuit Low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron Blount

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
2014 Ram 1500 (4WD) 5.7L V8 MPI

I can not seem to chase down this code.

I've filled the EVAP system with the smoke machine and have found no leaks. Also, there are no other EVAP leak codes present.

When I run data, the Fuel Tank Pressure stays constant at -2.420 inHg. It never changes.

I know something is jacked with the pressure but I can't locate a sensor or connector anywhere.

OP
OP
A

Aaron Blount

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The fuel tank pressure sensor is located on the filler neck. It’s a 3 wire sensor. You should have 5V on the sensor feed and return circuits and ground on the third circuit.

This was it! Thanks a bunch. I don't know why I couldn't find it in the wiring diagram but the sensor was bad. Problem fixed.

thangster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This was it! Thanks a bunch. I don't know why I couldn't find it in the wiring diagram but the sensor was bad. Problem fixed.

Hello I have the same code P1456 to replace the Fuel Tank Pressure sensor, had you replace yours already and was it difficult? Where exactly is the location of the FTP sensor, I been looking online and some say that it's on top of the gas tank is this true?

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Hello I have the same code P1456 to replace the Fuel Tank Pressure sensor, had you replace yours already and was it difficult? Where exactly is the location of the FTP sensor, I been looking online and some say that it's on top of the gas tank is this true?

Read what @Tach_tech just posted above

Cwils80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Did this fix your code? Just got the same code today, and this is gonna be my first thing to replace. Got under the truck and it's easy to see against the filler neck.

stokjeep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
was the part y'all replaced a 4861959AC ?