P0032 intermittent found problem recessed pin on harness side.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 4x4
Well, Ive been having O2 sensor problems that throw the check engine light Bank 1 #1 heater circuit. Codes P0032 and P0132 The insulation was a bit nicked and the wires looked like they could have been munched, However, electrically they check fine. I found a pushed (recessed) pin on the harness side of the connector. one of the two silver-colored pins for the heater circuit is recessed. this connector is almost impossible to reach. from the bottom end i can almost get a hold of the protruding pin, but cant quite get a purchase on it. On the back side i can see the little red oring that is used to keep water out. Has anyone else been in this situation. almost seems like I have to lift the chassis off the frame to get enough room to work.
UPDATE PROBLEM RESOLVED: was able to jack the truck up a bit more, and re-orient both myself and my arms, one coming infrom the back near tranny. cut both the wire loom and the electical tape back about an inch and half. removed the recessed pin, and bent the other three wires to give this short wire enough reach, then reinserted the pin and taped it up with the permamnent bend onthe other 3 wires. remated the connector and DONE.

Attachments

• o2 conn.jpg
    o2 conn.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo