P0299 Turbo Underboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyDR1500LLH4by4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel

Hello I am desperate for help. I do not know how to start a new thread. So I searched the forum subject for P0299 and came up with older posts about the error code. I used that thread to post my question today 2/4/19. Is there anyway a moderator could get this post in the eyes of avid forum posters so they will see my question? I do not want this to get buried in an old post and get no responses. I am on the verge of sinking $3000.00 into repairs and someone may have some insight that could help be solve this issue. Thanks so much.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat

Hello I am desperate for help. I do not know how to start a new thread. So I searched the forum subject for P0299 and came up with older posts about the error code. I used that thread to post my question today 2/4/19. Is there anyway a moderator could get this post in the eyes of avid forum posters so they will see my question? I do not want this to get buried in an old post and get no responses. I am on the verge of sinking $3000.00 into repairs and someone may have some insight that could help be solve this issue. Thanks so much.
moved to public forum for members to see

OP
OP
MyDR1500LLH4by4

MyDR1500LLH4by4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
I have an update on my P0299 error code. The dealer has discovered that the connections to the Turbo air supply (pipe) was loose and needed tightening. They are saying there is nothing wrong with my Turbo it does not need to be replaced, they tightened the pipe and the error code has gone away and the truck is back to the way it had been running prior. My only concern is, is this the beginning of emmission warnings for this 2014 ED model? I am in the pool of folks that fall within the pending recall catagory for the FCA class action law suit that FCA will be formulating a plan to all dealers in May 2019

ruraldodge607

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
Wait for the recall and potential payout (if any), then take the funds and get a GDE tune. I got the P0299 in my '15 ED it seemed every 3 weeks, cleared the code and kept going. Finally got a GDE tune and haven't had any codes since.

agnerd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Anybody else had this issue, I have a 2015 Ecodiesel got around 140000 miles been running pretty good was driving yesterday and all the sudden pretty much lost all power and got the P0299 code. Cleared the code and comes right back, It has basically no throttle response at all. I limped it home let it cool off and tried to restart it and it will start and run for a few seconds and dies. I had the FCA emissions update done about a month ago and was running ok until yesterday. Looking for some help and any ideas.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have an update on my P0299 error code. The dealer has discovered that the connections to the Turbo air supply (pipe) was loose and needed tightening. They are saying there is nothing wrong with my Turbo it does not need to be replaced, they tightened the pipe and the error code has gone away and the truck is back to the way it had been running prior. My only concern is, is this the beginning of emmission warnings for this 2014 ED model? I am in the pool of folks that fall within the pending recall catagory for the FCA class action law suit that FCA will be formulating a plan to all dealers in May 2019

I apologize for the trouble, @MyDR1500LLH4by4. Please know that our team is just a private message away and I am more than happy to escalate a case on your behalf for further support as you work with your dealer.

Mark
RamCares

Paul p Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
I've got this issue with my new 2019 RAM 3500 with the HO engine. Dealer service says its a software issue that Chrysler has not come up with a fix for yet. See Star Online Publication 2018000008 for details. I have contacted about everyone you can at Chrysler and still have no ETA on a fix. Also have a case filled with NCDS. Can't do the aftermarket fixes without voiding my warrantee. Very frustrated.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I've got this issue with my new 2019 RAM 3500 with the HO engine. Dealer service says its a software issue that Chrysler has not come up with a fix for yet. See Star Online Publication 2018000008 for details. I have contacted about everyone you can at Chrysler and still have no ETA on a fix. Also have a case filled with NCDS. Can't do the aftermarket fixes without voiding my warrantee. Very frustrated.

I’ve come across that issue a couple times with vehicles in the shop. Unfortunately if there are no other issues then it’s likely the software fault and you’re pretty much at the mercy of waiting for an update. It can be very frustrating for the customer as well as the dealer.

Paul p Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Sure would be nice if Chrysler would fix this P0299 code problem. Considering the star publication number is S2018000008 I'm assuming this has been an issue since 2018. Now my engine light actually goes out every few days, but comes back on within a couple hours driving time. Still the P0299., and the surging is still there all the time. Dealership hasn't been much help.