P0299 Turbo Underboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paul p Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
I've got this error (P0299) on my 2019 Diesel Ram at 21,000 miles. Also notice it has a bit of a surge under load, which seems to have been there since it was new. Now that I'm watching the turbo pressure on the dash I see that surges at the same time. Went to Dodge in Fairbanks and was told they can't even look at it as they are booked out 2 weeks. Should I be driving it while I wait? Considering I paid them over $70K for this truck I not to happy about the wait.

ruraldodge607

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
I'd talk with the service manager, tell them the issue, specifically ask if it's ok to keep driving. Then schedule to bring it in I'd say. If something happens between now and then you're CYAed.

OP
OP
Paul p Smith

Paul p Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Brought it in and was told the engine light, and the surge are due to a software issue and Chrysler is working to resolve it. They can't clear the engine light which keeps the auto start from working. Otherwise they say everything is fine. Hope they have a fix before winter hits Fairbanks Alaska. Anyone else having this issue?

OP
OP
Paul p Smith

Paul p Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Just some additional info; this is on a Star Online Publication case # S2018000008. If you try to get a smog test in CA you will fail step one. Engine light is on.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I would also get that **** in writing from the dealer that it is ok to drive. otherwise, if something REALLY bad happens, you wont get the "We didnt tell you that" answer.

Dealerships are ******* when it comes to stuff like that.

OP
OP
Paul p Smith

Paul p Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
I now have an NCDS case filled against Chrysler for this issue. Calls to Chrysler, and all associated have stated it as a known problem but no ETA on a fix yet. I wouldn't recommend buying one of these trucks until they fix this issue with their new diesel.

OP
OP
Paul p Smith

Paul p Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Aside from the engine light & surging I'm really enjoying all the other features. Hope I don't have to stuff it back their way.