Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P0299 Turbo Underboost

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Paul p Smith, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Paul p Smith

Paul p Smith Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 HO
    I've got this error (P0299) on my 2019 Diesel Ram at 21,000 miles. Also notice it has a bit of a surge under load, which seems to have been there since it was new. Now that I'm watching the turbo pressure on the dash I see that surges at the same time. Went to Dodge in Fairbanks and was told they can't even look at it as they are booked out 2 weeks. Should I be driving it while I wait? Considering I paid them over $70K for this truck I not to happy about the wait.

2. ruraldodge607

ruraldodge607 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    ED
    I'd talk with the service manager, tell them the issue, specifically ask if it's ok to keep driving. Then schedule to bring it in I'd say. If something happens between now and then you're CYAed.

3. Paul p Smith

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 HO
    Brought it in and was told the engine light, and the surge are due to a software issue and Chrysler is working to resolve it. They can't clear the engine light which keeps the auto start from working. Otherwise they say everything is fine. Hope they have a fix before winter hits Fairbanks Alaska. Anyone else having this issue?

4. Paul p Smith

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 HO
    Just some additional info; this is on a Star Online Publication case # S2018000008. If you try to get a smog test in CA you will fail step one. Engine light is on.

5. LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 6.4l
    I would also get that shit in writing from the dealer that it is ok to drive. otherwise, if something REALLY bad happens, you wont get the "We didnt tell you that" answer.

Dealerships are fuckers when it comes to stuff like that.