P0456 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My 2005 has had the P0456 code for a few years. I wasted a lot of money by installing all new parts except for the hoses, which are no longer available.

The codes persisted, so I built a smoke machine and discovered there is a leak somewhere on top of the fuel tank. I haven't dropped it yet, as the truck runs just fine.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Father in laws truck has this code still to this day. Smoked at a semi trust worthy dealer and found that something is cracked or broken on top of the gas tank where lines and stuff connect. Supposedly needs a new gas tank because nothing is serviceable. What a PITA. I shared a post awhile back on it. He doesn’t have $1500 sitting around throw a new gas tank under it, bad design IMO, truck is a 2016 with 80k miles. I hope it doesn’t happen to mine.
You might look into this further. My 2018 2500 was throwing this code. Turns out a rodent had chewed through one of these lines on top of the tank. I just replaced the bad section with some vacuum line, it’s been fine since.

briantmustang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I went through several ESIM’s before buying a Mopar part and that makes a difference. This last time for me it was the purge valve. I ordered one online and it took me about 10 minutes to replace it and that’s only because I don’t have good eyes and was being careful. It’s more like a 5 minute job for most.
I purchased the ESIM and it was a standard brand part and I already replaced the purge solinoid valve. I will buy the mopar ESIM and see want happens.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
2018 Ram ESIM stock part was either a

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS LDP12 Heart.png
EVAP System Integrity Module (ESIM)
or
WVE 4B1593