P0481 Fan 2 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport that just sent the money light off with a P0481 Fan 2 Issue. Wondering how I’d go about finding the issue as I’m hoping it’s an easy fix. I wanted to get some pointers before I go about it. It went off two days ago, however I cleared it with the tuner and it was off until about 2 hours ago. It came on of course while idling. Cleared it again and it hasn’t came back on....... yet. Checking to see where the easiest place would be to look first? I’ll probably take it here in isolation to a guy who kind of knows his stuff, not like the Sesame Street mechanic I took the truck too a while back.
Any personal experience with this code or insight going forward would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport that just sent the money light off with a P0481 Fan 2 Issue. Wondering how I’d go about finding the issue as I’m hoping it’s an easy fix. I wanted to get some pointers before I go about it. It went off two days ago, however I cleared it with the tuner and it was off until about 2 hours ago. It came on of course while idling. Cleared it again and it hasn’t came back on....... yet. Checking to see where the easiest place would be to look first? I’ll probably take it here in isolation to a guy who kind of knows his stuff, not like the Sesame Street mechanic I took the truck too a while back.
Any personal experience with this code or insight going forward would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Wow! Getting your truck worked on by Muppets! Awesome!

OP
OP
Lyle Longboat

Lyle Longboat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Big bird and Nuffy along with Oscar and Kermit is what I was thinking, however the muppets will do!
Thanks CrackerJack for the diagram. I know where the rely is located however didn’t get out to check that yet. I’m hoping it just some type of bad connection that I can fix myself or along those lines. Really don’t want to chance YouTube Certified Master AutoMobile Technicians out here lol ( @Kustomblack1 )

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ever figure this out?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Really don’t want to chance YouTube Certified Master Automobile Technicians out here lol

In my experience ill follow YouTube guys before I ever take my truck to a stealer**** ! .... lol...

If it wasnt for YouTube I wouldn't of ever tackled a cam swap and gear swap on my truck. Heck Everything Ive done on my truck started by watching YouTube .lol...

Check connections and look for damaged wires is where I would start. Test relay and fan as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lyle Longboat

Lyle Longboat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, sorry I haven’t updated. The relay was toast and shorted out.
I rewired the connector and situated the relay connections up on the Rad cross member instead of behind the grill attached to the horns. I used the heavy duty connector and relay. No issues and did this the same time I deleted the clutch fan.
I was talking about the YouTube guys that think they know wat they talking about but really don’t. I have been following a bunch of YouTube vids on rebuilding my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500.

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, sorry I haven’t updated. The relay was toast and shorted out.
I rewired the connector and situated the relay connections up on the Rad cross member instead of behind the grill attached to the horns. I used the heavy duty connector and relay. No issues and did this the same time I deleted the clutch fan.
I was talking about the YouTube guys that think they know wat they talking about but really don’t. I have been following a bunch of YouTube vids on rebuilding my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500.
Agreed but there is a few good ones that are legit like South Main auto Repair, Rainman Ray, Reignited, and BoostedMotorsports. But yeah a lot of ones to avoid lol.

Last edited: