P062A Code after a couple hours of hauling 5th Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HwyXingFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just bought a used 2018 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman with 102,000 kms on it, and took it on it's first "Long" haul. 3.5 hour drive.
5.7 Hemi 3.92 Factory Trailer Brake Control

After about 2.5 hours, just filled up withfuel, and the first bit of a hill after mostly flat land, the truck threw on the Check Engine light. It was a windy day, and first haul of over 2 hours (even before this I hadn't driven over 1.5hrs in one sitting). Averaged over 30L/100km most of the drive.

I didn't seem to notice any difference in driving at all, got to campsite, parked truck, started again to go home after 5 days and code was gone.

Way less windy on way home, averaging 25L/100km, filled up after 2 hours, then in about 45 minutes check engine again. No wind, or hills, just came on after almost the same duration of driving from 5 days before.

Both times I didn't seem to notice the computer tell me any change in fuel mileage.

Drove the truck a couple times after I got home, 3rd or 4th time, light went out.

It is unlikely the truck will see much trips this long before next summer, just wondering about advice, and what to watch for if it happens again.

I've been reading potentially:
- Fuel Pump
- Fuel Pump Controller
- Other (unlikely in my opinion): Injectors, Fuel Pressure Sensor.

At this point I'm just going to drive it until it happens again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01