PAC BCI-CH41v2 Review (LockPick Alternative)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
NAV started working again today without fault. I'll update if it fails

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just bought the unit myself! But now I'm worried I will not be able to stack the AP4-CH41 with this? Wondering if its possible to plug the BCI-CH41 and then the AP4-CH41 right behind it?

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
2018 Sport 1500 with OEM backup cam and 8.4 UConnect.

What camera do you recommend for the front? I was thinking this one, but where does it get its power from?:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HNRYHZ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_3hv6Cb4D1WBXA

Do I need the VS41? Looks like the BCI-CH41 has the camera RCA so not sure if that’s the OEM backup cam I need to divert in to the VS41 module for front camera installation. Or if maybe I could even get away with the VS21 and not use the audio RCAs.

Does any wire splicing need to be done? Or does the PAC module all plug and play while the camera I referenced above just plugs in to RCA port or just tap the two trigger cables together and THATS IT? Program 1 output of PAC module to the trigger wire on camera listed above and that’s it?

Trying to avoid any fuse tap or wire splice/tapping on the OEM vehicle if possible. Debating tapping in to the cigarette lighter, but this is where I’m unsure if the trigger wire is needed for the camera because if not I’d use the trigger wire to be the 12v power supply but if not then seems like I have to fuse tap at a minimum?

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

mighty noid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hydro Blue 2018 4x2 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2018 Sport 1500 with OEM backup cam and 8.4 UConnect.

What camera do you recommend for the front? I was thinking this one, but where does it get its power from?:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HNRYHZ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_3hv6Cb4D1WBXA

Do I need the VS41? Looks like the BCI-CH41 has the camera RCA so not sure if that’s the OEM backup cam I need to divert in to the VS41 module for front camera installation. Or if maybe I could even get away with the VS21 and not use the audio RCAs.

Does any wire splicing need to be done? Or does the PAC module all plug and play while the camera I referenced above just plugs in to RCA port or just tap the two trigger cables together and THATS IT? Program 1 output of PAC module to the trigger wire on camera listed above and that’s it?

Trying to avoid any fuse tap or wire splice/tapping on the OEM vehicle if possible. Debating tapping in to the cigarette lighter, but this is where I’m unsure if the trigger wire is needed for the camera because if not I’d use the trigger wire to be the 12v power supply but if not then seems like I have to fuse tap at a minimum?

Thanks!!!

Yes you will need a VS-41 if you want to add a front camera. The OEM rear camera will plug into the VS-41. The VS-21 will not work with the BCI-CH41. Yes you should get both items and that front camera should be just fine.
The pack pieces are plug and play. You will need power and ground for your front camera. The cig will be fine for power since it is a switched 12 volts.

Once you get the BCI-CH41 make sure that you update it to firmware version 14 or else you will have issues.

I have this set up with 3 added cameras. Front, right and left side cameras. OEM rear cam as well.

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
You rock!!!!! Thanks for the response!! Just ordered all that.

I have the Sport front grille without the ram head so camera mounting might be a bit more of a pain but hoping that camera works.

See I was debating using the cig but the camera power and ground cables are only 6’..that isn’t enough to reach back in the cab I don’t think and don’t wanna splice more wire together. Debated a 9v trick but that won’t last that long prob. Think I’ll just piggyback fuse it. You were able to run your front camera from the grill all the way to center console cig lighter?

Assuming ran the front wires through the firewall? Was gonna get the boot grommet but too late because had aftermarket security system installed and they have everything hardwired so don’t wanna mess with that. Sure it’ll be fun getting RCA cables through firewall hah.

That’s awesome. I was debating the two side ones as well but then would have to I guess add them all to the cig and do more mounting and disassembly. I’ll do a cargo cam next year if I fail inspection for my new third brake light being too dark. Maybe I’ll see how front cam works and if it’s solid then take it further.

mighty noid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hydro Blue 2018 4x2 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have my front camera drilled on the front bumper. The angle part of it and you really can't see it from the front. I ran the boot and running the wires were simple. Adding onto the RCA, power and ground is very simple.

I ran 2) 8 gauge wire from the battery (power and ground) and a 6 fuse holder and a ground block for all after market stuff. But for the camera's, I did tap off the cig with an inline fuse. The camera's only come on once they are triggered. So one at a time. I am not worring about popping that fuse.

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Good deal thanks man!