Pac-Brake Oil Filter Relocation Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andymax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was fired up about this kit until I crawled under my Gen5 to change the oil for the first time. The engineers at FCA must not hate techs as much as they used to, as there is so much room, I can't talk myself into spending the money now.
I'm not sure what you're looking at but my Gen 5 w Hemi is a real PIA and was impossible to change the filter without a mess. this kit makes it WAY easier.

JF19Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETorque
Very straight forward install (sorry no pics), about as messy as doing the normal Hemi oil change, and zero leaks so far. :emotions33:

It was nice to have the truck up on a lift and a second, smaller, set of hands, but not necessary.

Looking forward to much easier oil changes in the future. Thanks!

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure what you're looking at but my Gen 5 w Hemi is a real PIA and was impossible to change the filter without a mess. this kit makes it WAY easier.
Probably the same **** I saw when I put the 20-500 on my '18 4x4. Everyone said it would fit no issue. I had to sneak it between the 4x4 transfer case, and the filter threads, and I had like a micron of clearance.

Then again, my 4th gen has the sway bar in front of the axle, versus in the oil path so...

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I was fired up about this kit until I crawled under my Gen5 to change the oil for the first time. The engineers at FCA must not hate techs as much as they used to, as there is so much room, I can't talk myself into spending the money now.

You have a 2500/6.4? I think everybody else in this thread is talking about 4th/5th gen with 5.7 hemi. I have a 5th gen 5.7 4x4 and there is 0 room, it's physically impossible to prevent oil from getting everywhere even with the tiniest filter on there as you have to tip it on the side to get the filter out.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have a 2500/6.4? I think everybody else in this thread is talking about 4th/5th gen with 5.7 hemi. I have a 5th gen 5.7 4x4 and there is 0 room, it's physically impossible to prevent oil from getting everywhere even with the tiniest filter on there as you have to tip it on the side to get the filter out.
As my lovely wife now takes great pleasure in reminding me... Going from the front versus the back does open new options... Still sucks a lot of long hard things, but... Not quite as many...

buckley888

Reaction score
Got inspired by PCA4208 and the rest of the comments. Just did my PacBrake - Remote Oil Filter Kit in a couple hours (working slowly). Then spun on a new Fram XG2 synth filter with the oil change. For the first 30 miles, no drips or wet fittings.

Shout out for real customer service at DDE Motorsports who ran out of stock when I ordered. I received an email AND a phone call to give me the option to cancel or wait - worth the wait. No pictures as PCA4208's pics at the beginning of this thread are way better.

OP
OP
PCA4208

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad to see I have inspired fellow members to getting this kit. I had just noticed a small leak on my truck. Crawled under and found one of the hoses was slightly loose causing just enough leak to drip every few days. Some time with a wrench fixed that right up. Otherwise the kit is performing spectacularly. I think for my next oil change I will be putting on a larger filter because there is room now.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad to see I have inspired fellow members to getting this kit. I had just noticed a small leak on my truck. Crawled under and found one of the hoses was slightly loose causing just enough leak to drip every few days. Some time with a wrench fixed that right up. Otherwise the kit is performing spectacularly. I think for my next oil change I will be putting on a larger filter because there is room now.
Is thread sealant required on the hose fittings?

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Is thread sealant required on the hose fittings?
If you're using the kit from post 1, those fitting are flare & what appears to be o-ring style. Neither one do you ever use a thread sealant because the threads are not what seals.
The only time a thread sealant is use is on NPT, National Pipe Thread. This thread is a tapered thread that the more you tighten it the tighter it seals and usually requires a sealant whether its teflon tape, dope, a sealant, or both.
So again for that kit in OP, NO sealant.

OP
OP
PCA4208

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No thread sealant. It was on one of the flare fittings. I may not have tightened it very well when i installed it because every other fitting was solid besides that one. It was just a tough one to get to and I don't have a 7/8" stubby wrench. I imagine a 2wd would be much easier of an install as the axle was in the way for me.

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
At what point ( sequence ) do you connect the two hoses to the upper fitting ( the old foil filter location ) ?

JeffK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got mine installed a couple days ago. Super nice quality mount and filter adapter for the engine. I feel the hoses are a bit overkill and very stiff to work with at that short length. Oil pressure is probably max 80 psi, these hoses are probably rated 2000+ psi. The tall fitting in the remote mount is right up against the shroud. I was debating on drilling a new set of holes to lower the mount a little but got it all together as pictured.

In hindsight I could not of found a nicer quality remote mount and engine adapter anywhere I looked. If I did it again I would probably make my own oil hoses.

20230721_153850.jpg20230721_153844.jpg

HuskerRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Looks great! Would it be beneficial to put some anti-chafing where the hoses touch?

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Shroud is going to be fun to remove if anything needs to be fixed on front of engine / radiator. Guess the remote could be unbolted and hung somewhere convenient.

Otherwise, nice install.

Swezey23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love the install! I was wishing to do the same to my '17 RAM, but I sold her last week. I miss her already, haha.

I'm getting a Rivian on Thursday to fill that void in my heart. I'm going to miss doing oil changes.

JeffK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love the install! I was wishing to do the same to my '17 RAM, but I sold her last week. I miss her already, haha.

I'm getting a Rivian on Thursday to fill that void in my heart. I'm going to miss doing oil changes.
Wow, that's quite a change. I do like how they look.