@CheechDogg.0n37s @southerncalrams
Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
So I am finally picking up my truck tomorrow, been in the paint shop since 8th November.
Up side is I have been out and about in the loaner and kept miles off mine!
I REALLY hope this is all now finished with.
Hood, tailgate, front wings, all four doors and bed flatted, primed, base coat and three coats of lacquer, then wet sanded and polished.

I am really bricking it……..if it’s not right I have no further recourse now.
All under warranty.

Will post pics tomorrow. Watch this space!

Get a mobile detailer to ceramic coat it, nothing else just the ceramic coat application ...or you can buy it yourself and apply it very easy to do ....

I do mobile detailing and do all this work regularly ... wet sanding "will" remove clear coat and a lot of times it removes almost all of it .... it takes around 2 days of wet sanding, polishing and buffing to remove orange peel when I do it for my customers and I always recommend a ceramic coating to protect and replenish the clear coat that was removed when wet sanding and polishing/buffing ...

My truck has orange peel but I am not worried about it ... not worth the removal of all that clear coat to remove the orange peel at least for me ...

But hopefully they actually redid the paint job and clear coat and not just went down town with the wet sanding and not caring about how much of the clear coat the removed ...

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
No, this was a proper warranty job in the end. Defects were in base coat so I have been ‘dropping’ in regularly. They did, in fact, flatten, prime paint and clear coat. Wet sand was only on finished product to finalise it.
I haven’t as yet seen it finished up. I had already planned to have it coated……I do not have anyone here who ceramic coats. I would have to go to Duluth which is 60ish mls away. So if it needs two coats of ceramic with drying I would need to stay over.
I really want to do this myself, assuming the painter has done a proper job!
Thanks for the advise

CheechDogg.0n37s

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
No, this was a proper warranty job in the end. Defects were in base coat so I have been ‘dropping’ in regularly. They did, in fact, flatten, prime paint and clear coat. Wet sand was only on finished product to finalise it.
I haven’t as yet seen it finished up. I had already planned to have it coated……I do not have anyone here who ceramic coats. I would have to go to Duluth which is 60ish mls away. So if it needs two coats of ceramic with drying I would need to stay over.
I really want to do this myself, assuming the painter has done a proper job!
Thanks for the advise
That's good news ! ...

There are more than enough ceramic coatings that you can do yourself, don't let it intimidate you, I promise you that if you do tackle this yourself you are going to be like "is that it, oh man this is easy!" ..

Seriously, I know you can do it !

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
Well I guess I will then! I see from you in other posts that the meguires ceramics seem to be user friendly to amateurs

CheechDogg.0n37s

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Well I guess I will then! I see from you in other posts that the meguires ceramics seem to be user friendly to amateurs
No , don't use that kind of ceramic coating ... use an actual ceramic coating ... These are links to some of the ceramic coatings I have used and are very DIY friendly .... can't go wrong with any of these

CheechDogg.0n37s

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
One more thing, if you do the ceramic coating, make sure when you wash it you use a ph neutral car shampoo ... or find a good mobile detailer in your area and have that person do maintenance washes on your truck ... remember, ceramic coatings are not going to prevent scratches, you can still damage a ceramic coated vehicle ....

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put Adam's graphene ceramic coating on mine a little over 2 weeks ago. I looks amazing. Did my first maintenance wash tonight. It beads like crazy. It took way less time to wash because of the coating. Used a leaf blower to blow it dry after and done. Looks great and very quick to clean.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
Cheech Dogg,
Thank you very very much!
This is so helpful. Clearly you know what you are on about so be assured i WILL follow your advise.

Regards,

Clive

CheechDogg.0n37s

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Cheech Dogg,
Thank you very very much!
This is so helpful. Clearly you know what you are on about so be assured i WILL follow your advise.

Regards,

Clive
No problem Senor Clive .... if you have any questions feel free to message me ...

CheechDogg.0n37s

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I put Adam's graphene ceramic coating on mine a little over 2 weeks ago. I looks amazing. Did my first maintenance wash tonight. It beads like crazy. It took way less time to wash because of the coating. Used a leaf blower to blow it dry after and done. Looks great and very quick to clean.

I personally "WILL NOT" use anything that has graphene in the name .... graphene still has not been out long enough to tell if it actually works or not, on top of that for most graphene coatings you have to use a topper to "reload" or to "re what ever" lol ....

The ceramic coatings I mentioned above are more than proven with some of them having more than 5 years on people's vehicles and they are still protected .... don't get me wrong, something like Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax can be applied to vehicles that have been ceramic coated with an H9 product, but you shouldn't have to do so ...