Painted my taillights and third brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
View attachment 170552
Here it is. So you tell me that you cannot see this light on ? It’s in direct sunlight also! If someone can’t see this , their license should be suspended for being blind
Someone’s license should be suspended because they couldn’t see a light that you have intentionally and illegally darkened, a light that is, by definition, an indicator light telling the driver behind you to STOP. You’re a riot lol

And yes, that light looks dark as ****. It’s not about being able to see it period, it’s about a person’s split second decision, especially in an emergency situation. That light looks no brighter than a normal person’s parking light, so combined with your darkened CHMSL, one could surmise in a split second that you have simply activated your headlights, instead of hitting your brakes. Good luck winning that case when the person that hits you brings up that you’ve painted your tail lights black.

OP
OP
ilovemyramlaremie

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Someone’s license should be suspended because they couldn’t see a light that you have intentionally and illegally darkened, a light that is, by definition, an indicator light telling the driver behind you to STOP. You’re a riot lol

And yes, that light looks dark as ****. It’s not about being able to see it period, it’s about a person’s split second decision, especially in an emergency situation. That light looks no brighter than a normal person’s parking light, so combined with your darkened CHMSL, one could surmise in a split second that you have simply activated your headlights, instead of hitting your brakes. Good luck winning that case when the person that hits you brings up that you’ve painted your tail lights black.

Whatever, go wipe your ass, Mr perfect , and you definitely sound like one of those creeps ***** that watches everyone, and pointing out everything wrong that everybody does in his own twisted opinion.
Feel free to suit me ****!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Whatever, go wipe your ass, Mr perfect , and you definitely sound like one of those creeps ***** that watches everyone, and pointing out everything wrong that everybody does in his own twisted opinion.
Feel free to suit me ****!
He likes to insult others, maybe he has a bad attitude here, so at work he can be nice and try to swindle customers outta stuff they don't need on new cars.
Cause I don't see how he sells cars with that attitude.
Its different to add courteous advice, but to push his opinion is another.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
He likes to insult others, maybe he has a bad attitude here, so at work he can be nice and try to swindle customers outta stuff they don't need on new cars.
Show me where I’ve insulted anyone in here. Its different to add courteous advice, but to push his opinion is another.
Show me where I’ve insulted anyone. I haven’t openly insulted anyone, unlike the OP who has thrown names and blatant insults back because he doesn’t like what he’s hearing. All I’ve done is pointed out fact (read: FACT, not opinion) on tinting tail lights and how it’s a bad idea and illegal for a reason. If OP doesn’t like it, tuff nuggets, I’m not in a position to change what he does. But this is a public forum, I’m free to post what I want, and it isn’t always a ******* session on “omg that mod looks awesome.” Sometimes they’re really bad ideas (like this one) and should be identified as such. There are plenty of people in here already praising the choice, I’m just playing devil’s advocate. OP is getting butthurt over it, and that isn’t my problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ilovemyramlaremie

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I can see someone saying, I don’t like them, or it might be illegal depending if they are very dark, I made sure I would get the too dark simply because I don’t want to brake the law. But someone pissed in his cereal this morning, and he decided to go on a lengthy lecture about the legality, danger, probability. He’s one of those guys that know everything

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
If you don't like what someone does, you don't have to say anything. Hit the back button. But your trying to push your opinion on a mod the OP wants to do. It could be as simple as saying "too dark for me, you may wanna check legal status" and leave it at that. But your pressing your opinion.

Do you know the Facts for all states? I bet not. Let him responsible for his own actions.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
If you don't like what someone does, you don't have to say anything. Hit the back button. But your trying to push your opinion on a mod the OP wants to do. It could be as simple as saying "too dark for me, you may wanna check legal status" and leave it at that. But your pressing your opinion.

Do you know the Facts for all states? I bet not. Let him responsible for his own actions.
I haven’t pressed anything. Haven’t once said “you should” or “you need to”. OP opened himself up to both sides of the argument when he said “what do you all think?” in the original post. I posted what I thought. He didn’t like it and got sand in his ******. Not my problem, I posted facts about tinting tail lights, and why it’s a horrible decision.

OP
OP
ilovemyramlaremie

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Its different to add courteous advice, but to push his opinion is another.
^^^ agree. I don’t give a crap what he thinks. Every site has TROLL, and we sure have here.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
^^^ agree. I don’t give a crap what he thinks.
That hasn’t been evident, since you seem to have attacked my responses every chance you got. You can’t say “what do you guys think” then get pissy when someone posts something contrary to your beliefs.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I haven’t pressed anything. Haven’t once said “you should” or “you need to”. OP opened himself up to both sides of the argument when he said “what do you all think?” in the original post. I posted what I thought. He didn’t like it and got sand in his ******. Not my problem, I posted facts about tinting tail lights, and why it’s a horrible decision.
How many post do you have here telling him your opinion and your thoughts on facts? Say your piece and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.