painting emblems black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAMA BOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Liters of fire breathing fury!
how do most people do this do you just tape them off or completely remove them then put them back on?

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think it would be a lot eaiser to take them off and paint them rather then tape around them and risk getting overspray on the truck.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
you could just take them off to do it and then stop halfway through the job. who knows, you might really like the naked look.

i took mine off and have new badges painted up a sweet gunmetal, but never put them on because i like the naked look

OP
OP
BAMA BOY

BAMA BOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Liters of fire breathing fury!
where the badges were isnt it going to be all nasty looking?

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i took mine completely off to paint them. that was months ago, and i still havent put them back on yet. not because i like the naked look, i dont. but out of sheer laziness.

although if you do go this route, you can pick up a couple tubes of emblem glue. i think itd be a lot easier putting them back on that way rather than two sided tape.

good thing for me, the ghosting is so bad, i can see exactly where to put them all back on at.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
I took mine off too do, sanded down and used vht niteshade for a glossy look. Used double sided 3m for automobiles. Someone also recomended taping off a box right around the letters then using plastidip to spray the whole thing then just peel off the over spray and around the letters.