Parking Brake application

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I stop and turn the knob to park my parking brake auto sets.

I don't remember it doing this when I first got the truck. I also now have to disengage it (Parking brake) when I turn the knob to drive.

Did I change a setting somewhere by accident?

Thanks

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yes, there is a setting for this. My truck is not available to me at the moment, but you should be able to find it in the Uconnect settings.

Danes

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely a setting in the Uconnect. It’s under Controls-> Settings->Brakes. There should an option for Auto Park Brake and Brake Service. If Auto PB is checked, the parking brakes SHOULD disengage when shifted out of Park, but ONLY if you’re buckled up. If your not buckled, you have to manually disengage it.

7a25f6ed2f57e231732c54baa3b11074.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely a setting in the Uconnect. It’s under Controls-> Settings->Brakes. There should an option for Auto Park Brake and Brake Service. If Auto PB is checked, the parking brakes SHOULD disengage when shifted out of Park, but ONLY if you’re buckled up. If your not buckled, you have to manually disengage it.

7a25f6ed2f57e231732c54baa3b11074.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DITTO, how the MY 19's work

OP
OP
Anthony Bulger
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, that option is not there on mine. When I select settings>Brakes> I only see the Brakes option, when I select brakes I get a window to enable service click ok but it errors out.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, that option is not there on mine. When I select settings>Brakes> I only see the Brakes option, when I select brakes I get a window to enable service click ok but it errors out.

Your Parking Brake is located in the following U Connect Screen:

Safety/Assistance
After pressing the “Safety/Assistance” button on the
touchscreen, the following settings will be available:

NOTE: I did not list all the options, only copied ref park brake. If U cannot get to this screen to turn the auto park brake off, then it will need to be reflashed by dealer, unless maybe U run AlphaOBD

brakes.JPG

OP
OP
Anthony Bulger
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the help guys. My neighbor was kind enough to plug in with his witech account and solve my problem. It works correctly now. a setting had got changed.