Passenger headlight turns off for a couple of seconds, then come back on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoganWebb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L magnum
When I first got my truck it had some halogens in the headlights so I swapped them out for LED’s had a bunch of flickering problems with them so decided to order a new headlight assembly in general. I got new bulbs for those headlights too but now my passenger side headlight is turning off for a couple of seconds then coming right back on intermittently. It’s not a super big problem to me I just feel embarrassed when I’m behind another car. I’ve tried unplugging and replugging the connector several times but still no luck. From what I’ve seen people refer to a fuse but the 07’ has such a small fuse box that nothing correlates to anything to do with the headlights anyone else had the same problem?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Light blinking off then coming back on is usually a sign that bulb is starting to go bad. Replace or switch right and left to verify.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the 2007 need resistors or flicker boxes? I'd start there. Fuse isn't to blame for blinking light.

OP
OP
LoganWebb

LoganWebb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L magnum
Light blinking off then coming back on is usually a sign that bulb is starting to go bad. Replace or switch right and left to verify.
It’s done it with multiple bulbs are far as I know but I’ll check later tonight

OP
OP
LoganWebb

LoganWebb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L magnum
Does the 2007 need resistors or flicker boxes? I'd start there. Fuse isn't to blame for blinking light.
The bulbs that I bought actually have the resistors built into the connectors so it shouldn’t be those

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All the options on Headlight Revolution mention pwm modules, which I believe would match the symptoms you're describing. I would lean towards a relay kit or finding bulbs that come with the PWM/flicker modules.

OP
OP
LoganWebb

LoganWebb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L magnum
All the options on Headlight Revolution mention pwm modules, which I believe would match the symptoms you're describing. I would lean towards a relay kit or finding bulbs that come with the PWM/flicker modules.
I wish it was as easy as the anti flicker resistors but I know for a fact it isn’t, the bulbs come with them built in and the left headlight doesn’t flicker it’s just the right one. I’ll check the bulbs later tonight when I leave work and see if it’ll start flickering on the left if so I’ll just send em back and get a new pair. I was just wondering if there’s a fuse for the right low beam hiding from me somewhere but I can’t find anything about, damn fuse box literally has like 20 fuses.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish it was as easy as the anti flicker resistors but I know for a fact it isn’t, the bulbs come with them built in and the left headlight doesn’t flicker it’s just the right one. I’ll check the bulbs later tonight when I leave work and see if it’ll start flickering on the left if so I’ll just send em back and get a new pair. I was just wondering if there’s a fuse for the right low beam hiding from me somewhere but I can’t find anything about, damn fuse box literally has like 20 fuses.
Fuses aren't self resetting, if it blew it would be off.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Have you checked that the vents in the headlight housing are clear. Bulbs overheating will also cause them to blink off till they cool

OP
OP
LoganWebb

LoganWebb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L magnum
Fuses aren't self resetting, if it blew it would be off.
Good point.. there was very slight corrosion on the pins too but nothing I thought would make a huge problem so if swapping the headlights around doesn’t do me any good I’ll spray it down with some electronic cleaner

OP
OP
LoganWebb

LoganWebb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L magnum
Have you checked that the vents in the headlight housing are clear. Bulbs overheating will also cause them to blink off till they cool
Yea they should be fine, the fans are pretty big and you’ll be able to actually hear them spin and I don’t believe there’s anything obstructing them from getting air. I’d look into it but the left one doesn’t do it so I have a feeling it’s just gotta do something with the right beam bulb or the connector